Part 7

Epilogue ( part 2/3)
-

"Don't trip, don't trip," Hayley murmured nervously to herself.

Klaus chuckled, "You're not gonna trip, love. I've got you" He watched her when he felt her arm tighten its grip around his own.

She saw Elijah underneath the white flowered arbour in the manicured Bayou, the brightest smile playing on his handsome features. He was beautiful, the soft glow of the sun setting, behind him the water that reflected the glow in an astonishing way. And Hope, in her white dress holding a bouquet of colourful flowers in her hand, she danced around next to Elijah, like there was no care in the world.

Her heartbeat tempered and she then realised it. She smiled confidently. "You're right, I won't,"

She let go off Klaus' arm when they reached Elijah, sending him a smile that mirrored his own. "Hi," she whispered.

He watched her luminous eyes, "Hi,"

They both turned to Cami, who had offered to be their minister, which she undoubtedly regretted now. "So, who gives this bride away?"

"That'd be me," Klaus answered from behind them and Elijah gave him a gentle nod.

Cami smiled. "We're gathered here today to celebrate love and happiness and Loyalty and well.. in my opinion a little bit of magic." Brightness covered Cami's face and Hayley chuckled.

"To bring together two exceptional and beautiful human.. I mean supernatural beings," loud laughter followed from the people who had joined the ceremony. "I'm sorry people, I might be a little unsteady 'cause the might as well take a bit from me," Camille laughed nervously. "

"So now I ask you, Elijah, and you, Hayley, to face each other and take each other's hands."

He looked at her noticing the wisps of hair that danced in the gentle breeze. She was stunning. Her hands held his and squeezed them. His fingers brushed across her own.

"Elijah, will you take Hayley to be your wife, and one true love. For an eternity."

"I will. Always and forever." His lips curled in a smile as he squeezed her hand.

"And you Hayley will you choose Elijah to be your husband. Will you choose him to be your one true love as long as you both shall live?"

"I choose you to be the one to spend my life with." The permanent smile that Hayley wore grew impossible bigger.

His eyes remained on her face as he slipped a platinum ring on her finger. Complimenting the ring that already rested their. Hayley's hand quivered lightly. And she was utterly relieved when she managed to slip his ring onto his finger.

"If you have vows for each other you may read them now," Cami inclined her head towards them.

"I have something I want you to hear," Elijah said, and Hayley nodded nervously for him to begin. He squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Today is the day my life begins. I have lived for a thousand years, but all my life I have felt like something missed. Something wasn't like it should be. That was until I met you, Hayley Marshall. You make me feel more alive than ever. You were the thing that I missed. And I have to admit more than anything that I'm so very happy that I'm allowed to be your husband. Because you Hayley Marshall." He shook his head smiling. "You're the most beautiful and intelligent person I've ever met. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. "You gave me Hope," he looked down at the little happy girl. You gave me love, he looked back at her. And for that I want to thank you. Every day again."

Unshed tears glistered in the corners of her eyes. "I love you," she whispered. She cupped his face and already leaned in to kiss him.

"Wait not yet," Cami interrupted them. She smiled when she saw the softly irritated eyes land on her. "Okay," she chuckled. "I hereby pronounce you wife and husband."

"Now?" Elijah asked amused.

"Now." Cami said smiling.

Elijah's eyes met Hayley's, his wife's,

He pressed his lips against hers without hesitating. She cupped his cheek, her other hand caressing the hairs on his neck. He wrapped his hands around her waist and pulled her against him. They both drowned in the moment. Remembering and cherishing it till the day they died. The loud clapping in the background all but faded away.