An Irreplaceable Gift

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
The loud echoing of my alarm clock surprises me and I fall back. I hadn't gone to sleep last night... I couldn't. So instead I had sat down at my desk and started drawing. That must've been around 4 am, it was now 12 pm.

I get up and turn my alarm of, why did it have it sound so annoying. I decided to get dressed and try to have some breakfast, it was the weekend so there really was no hurry. I put on a black long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans and stumbled my way to the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of the calendar when I opened the fridge and shut it again in surprise.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit it's Olivers birthday!"

I had completely forgotten that it was my friends birthday, I had gotten the invite super last minute, I don't think he was going to invite me. I hate bowling anyway but I decided to go to spite him and I was going to look hot as fuck.

I made myself some toast and went back to my room. I ate the toast and wondered what I should wear. It would have to be bowling appropriate as well. I decided on a casual black spaghetti strap crop top and loose waist high dark gray pants, then accessories and platforms of course. I wore a long necklace that fell loosely between my boobs in a very flattering way. Did I look good? Yeah. Did I look too sexy for a bowling birthday party? Absolutely.

It was still a few hours until it started, it was now 1pm and it was at 6pm... ups got a little too excited, I decided to watch a movie and do my makeup when it got closer to the event. I put on Daria and kept drawing, before I knew it, the time was 5:47 pm and I hadn't put my makeup on, shit. Just my luck.

I put on pretty casual makeup other that my intense eyeliner with crosses down each side of my cheeks. It was not 6:03 pm and I put my jacket on and headed out. The birthday party was only a 4 minute walk from my place, why he decided to go bowling like some 7 year old is beyond me but I don't care. It was more like a little gathering, he didn't want any gifts or anything, just to go bowling. What a weirdo.

I arrived 6:08 pm to find him and his friends waiting for me. They didn't look annoyed at all. Most of them were girls (out of which I looked the best obviously) but there was one other guy. I didn't really know any of them but felt confident already.

I greeted him with a hug and everyone introduced themselves to me. His guy friend was not very interesting to my disappointment. Nathan was his name. A boring looking, socially awkward guy. I wish I could say he was a cute awkward emo boy but he just seemed out of it, and he was not that cute.

He couldn't go five minutes without taking out his phone or answer a call. He was getting a lot of those. After we had sat down and started joking around he loosened up a bit and told us embarrassing things about Oliver but when the bowling started he shrunk again.

He was wearing black dress pants and a black button up, which would've been hotter with some confidence but he just looked uncomfortable. He had messy brown hair that he tried to brush back with his hand every now and then but it did not submit.

I was having a hard time getting any attention from Oliver and was getting bored. I looked over to Nathan who was butchering a metallic clothes hanger for some reason. He had bent it so it looked like a small shoehorn with a hook. I reached out my hand without thinking.

"Nathan"

He looked up in surprise and I put my hand on the coat hanger. He gently let go and I hung it from the collar of his shirt.

"Look it's a tie" I said with a smile.

"Yeah" he said blushing and looking away. He quickly removed it though and kept bending it.

Well that was pointless I thought to myself. Not even a minute later he has formed it into a hoop. He looked unsure what to do with it at this point so I stuck my hand through it without thinking. I froze, wtf was I doing.

"Oh it's a bracelet now" he said with a cute smile.

"Yeah your right. It looks soo pretty" I replied sarcastically. He ignored my sass. And looked at me with a completely new expression.

"You know you can never take it off now, right?" He said with a grin. I hadn't noticed how deep his voice was until he said that. It caught me off guard...

"I wasn't planning on it, it fits my outfit." I replied with a witty tone, he just grinned even wider. My heart skipped a beat. Is this the same guy from just a few minutes ago?!

Eventually the birthday party was over. I hadn't been to focused on the bowling or my friend, he was to surrounded by girls trying to impress him.

"Do you need a ride home..?" Nathan asked.

"Oh no thank you, I live a short walk from here" I replied quickly. He had reverted back to his shy awkward self. I just didn't want to lead him on, he was great and all but I didn't see it going anywhere so I didn't want to risk giving him the wrong idea. I hugged my friend goodbye and started walking.

I was exhausted when I got home. I opened the door and took my jacket and shoes off. I sighed heavily as I collapsed over on the living room couch.

"Hey sweetie, everything alright?" My mom appeared from the kitchen.

"Yeah I'm just reeeaaally tired, I wasn't expecting you home so soon though."

"Yeah I need to go back tomorrow, the shovel broke and the store there didn't have any so I needed to come back to town." She said annoyed.

My mom owned a cabin a two hour drive from town, she had been doing some renovations to the place and the garden since it was summer vacation and she had a break from work.

"Oh, I haven't had dinner yet. Do you wanna order pizza?" I asked.

"Sure, I'm going to sleep early though"

"That's alright I was just planning on having a cozy movie night anyway" I stud up and walked to my room. It was around 8 pm and I was really tired. I texted my friend about our plans for the next day but she didn't respond. Before I knew it I was passed out on the bed from exhaustion, fully dressed.

"Wake up!" My mom yelled. I sat up in confusion.

"The pizza is here, it's in the kitchen. You can fall asleep anytime after you've gotten ready for bed, that necklace is going to choke you you know" she rambled but I wasn't listening.

"And what on earth is on your arm?" She asked. I looked down at my wrist to find the metal coat hanger still there... I had forgotten about it.

"Oh it's a coat hanger... or was. Let's just eat" I put the coat hanger on my nightstand and follow her out of the room. We ate in silence and both went to sleep practically right after dinner.

————————————————————
I hope you liked it ^^
I'm pretty new to writing fanfics but I'm just trying to have some fun.