Water bottle Wrestle

I stole his water bottle.

When I say stole, I don't mean like actual theft, I mean the he-went-to-the-bathroom-and-left-his-stuff kind of steal. You know?

I took his hat too. Even though it was just our boring school hat - and I have the exact same one - his is better.

I had walked off down the stairs and was heading towards the ramp when I heard that playful sigh and delightful chuckle.

Knowing he was standing at the top of the stairs I turned around, model style, and posed. This got me another chuckle. I pivoted around and headed toward the ramp, a slight saunter in my step that said, "come get your stuff back, I dare you."

I heard the pounding of feet a second to late. He jumped and yoinked his hat off my head. Karma got the better of him though and he stumbled over the gravel path. I laughed as he barely caught himself on the fence. He turned around to face me, shaking his head and smiling. I loved that glint in his eyes he got when we did this.

"Give me my drink bottle."
"I don't think I will."
"Oh ok then..."

He ran towards me and I dodged him laughing, doing that little run-walk thing. He came walking towards me hand out.

"Can I have my drink bottle, pleaseeee?"
"Mmmmmm...no."
"But I want some water."
"You just gotta try harder."

With that I placed the bottle on my head and strutted around the bush area like Princess Delancy from Barbie Princess Charm School. You know the scene where they're balancing books on their head? Yeah, I did that with his water bottle.

He thought he could be sneaky and knock it off my head but I was too fast. I ducked and caught the bottle and ran down the ramp towards the benches by the car park. He followed laughing.

I danced around in circles with the bottle. In an attempt to grab the bottle, he hooked his arm around my waist and pulled me into him.

When I tell you I felt butterflies, I FELT BUTTERFLIES. They exploded in my stomach making me giggle. The feel of his arm warm against my waist and my back pressing into his chest felt so right.

Ughhhh, why can't he just ask me out? Or admit he likes me? Or just say I'm only interested in you as friend, we will never be together? Don't do this to me!!

I wriggled out of his hold, triumphantly holding the water bottle in the air. He came at me, hooking his arm around my waist again. This time pulling me into more of a hug as both arms encircled my waist grasping for his water bottle.

"Give me the drink bottle silly."
"Oh but watching you struggle is so much more fun."

I smiled at him as I said those words, he smiled back. That one moment of distraction gave him a window of opportunity and he grabbed hold of me pulling me into him, grabbing the water bottle in the process. I tried my hardest to maintain my grip on the bottle but he managed to pin my arm to my side.

"Ah ha! I got it."

He triumphantly held the bottle above his head; an adorable smirk spread across his face. I sighed in defeat.

"We'll see who wins next time."

He looked at me a moment before busting out the Amy Santiago victory dance moves. I cracked up as he imitated the flapping arm and body roll motions. If you didn't know, Brooklyn Nine-Nine reference. We are both addicted and make references and jokes all the time. The same with F.R.I.E.N.D.S and The Big Bang Theory. Oh and The Office, can't forget that show.

I gave him a small, sad smile as he walked to his mum's car. I already missed his adorable presence. Reluctantly, I sat down next to my friends, waiting for one my friends' mum to pick us up.

I got dirty looks from the three of them. Sometimes I forget how much my friends hate that I'm considered 'one of the boys.' It's not my fault I'm not a prissy little bitch and refuse to play around.

Sighing, I pulled out my phone and aimlessly scrolled through Instagram while we waited. My mind constantly wandering to him.