Frozen

Loud blaring of the alarm sounded. Waking me up from the rest. I look over to see Din and the Child both passed out. "Din. Wake up. Somethings happening." Out cold. I lean over raising his helmet above his lips, and planting mine on his. He raises, pressing his hand to the back of my neck, keeping me in place. "Wait..." he mumbles before sitting up. "What is that?" He asks. I smile kissing his cheek."That is the reason I woke you up. Come on."

I pull myself up to the cockpit and see two x wings on both sides of the crest. "Razor Crest, M-One-Eleven. Come in, Razor Crest. Do you copy?"

Din sits down beginning communications. "This is Razor Crest. Is there a problem?" "We noticed your transponder is not emitting." "Yes, I'm pre-Empire surplus. I'm not required to run a beacon."

"That was before. This sector is under New Republic jurisdiction. All craft are required to run a beacon."

"Thank you for letting me know. I'll get right on it."

"Not a problem. Safe travels." Din nods looking only ahead. "May the Force be with you." Din says with confidence.  "And also with you. Just one more thing."

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna need you to send us a ping. We're out here sweeping for Imperial holdouts." "I'll let you know if I see any." An awkward silence I'm still gonna need you to send us that ping." Shit... "Well, I'm not sure I have that hardware online."

"We can wait." You can wait? Why weren't y'all this lazy when I was having to slaughter the Resistance alone?

"Yeah, I... Doesn't seem to be working."

"That's too bad. If we can't confirm you're not Imperial, you're gonna have to follow us to the outpost at Adelphi. They'll run your tabs."

"Oh, wait. There it is. Transmitting now."

Mrs. Frog gasps out. "Shhh." "What's that?" An officer asks.  "Uh, nothing. The hypervac is drawing off the exhaust manifold."

"Carson, can you switch over to channel two?" I panic. "Fuck, fuck. We're done for. I can't do jail time. This hair? With no moisturizer? Fried! I'm telling you!" "SHH!" Din hushes me. "We're going to be fine." He whispered.

"Was your craft in the proximity of New Republic Correctional Transport, Bothan-Five?" Suddenly Din curves off from the xwings.

"We got a runner." They say before losing communication. "Razor Crest, stand down. We will fire. I repeat, we will fire."

We swerve around the space, finding an atmosphere and entering the frozen land. "Come on, Razor Crest, don't make us do it."

Din takes us between two tiny mountains, carving the sides of the crest into the ice. I fall over from my seat. "Hold on, baby."

Din all of a sudden stops, landing hard on the ice. I take deep breaths relaxing myself. I pick up the child. "Are you alright?" He whines clinging to me. "Shh, sh, I've got you."

"I've lost visual. He's got to be around here somewhere."

"You head north. We'll cover more ground."

The X wings fly off leaving us alone in the iced Razor. "Are you okay, Miss?" I ask the Frog Lady. She searches around frantically hollering out things I don't understand. I set the Child down, resting my hands on her shoulders to try and get her calmed down.
She presses her hand to my stomach lightly, then cradles her arms, rocking slightly. "Your eggs!" I smile snapping my fingers. "Who said I wasn't good at charades." "Han, and me." "Shut it, Metal Head!" Din chuckles, standing to his feet. "I'll find her eggs, don't worry. Gotta get you two some blankets, keep you warm."