Chapter 1: Game On

"Hey! Gather around, everyone!" Taeyong's voice resonated throughout the practice room. All twenty-three of the NCT members had gathered to practice for their ot23 dance, and their leader took the opportunity to propose a game idea.

"What? You don't need to yell, hyung!" Haechan called out from his spot at the mirror, slouched over with Winwin and Taeil on either side of him.

Taeyong pouted. "Well, whatever, but since I have your attention, I wanted to propose a game for all of us!" When the proposition was introduced, all of the members quieted down.

"What kind of game?" Yangyang asked.

"So, you know how we play mafia? Well, I was thinking a bigger scale version but slightly different. I was thinking that we play assassin," Taeyong smiled as he began to explain the game. "So, we each take turns picking a member out of a hat, and the aim of the game is to tag them with a water gun and kill them. Once that person is killed, you get their target. But be careful! The kill won't count if there is a witness around: both of you will stay alive but then your target knows who you're after."

"But what if you tag someone and they lie and say you didn't?" Renjun piped up from next to Doyoung. Taeyong rubbed his chin and thought for a second. It certainly was a possibility, but he had hoped it wouldn't come to that.

"We should all be honest with each other. It is a game after all. Not like our lives are actually at stake or anything," Taeyong shrugged. He checked his watch; if they wanted to do this, they needed to start picking now.

"So, our manager will be the game master and make sure we don't end up with ourselves as a target. If you get out, you can't tell anyone else: always pretend like you are still in the game, okay? We can pick names now and get little water guns later. Raise your hand if you want to play."

Twenty-one hands shot up instantly. Taeyong looked towards one of his newest children, Shotaro, and saw his confused look. Yuta made his way over and began explaining in Japanese. The younger boy smiled and raised his hand immediately, wanting in on the game.

"Great! Looks like we are all in! Let's pick our targets everyone! Happy killing," Taeyong smirked. The boys all gathered in a line behind Taeyong, who was positioned in front of the manager who was ready with all names in a hat.

Taeyong reached in and pulled out a name, turning his back to the others so they couldn't peer over his shoulder. He showed the manager the name: Ten. He folded up the paper and put it in his pocket, making his way to his bag, away from the others.

Jungwoo stepped up next and pulled out a small piece of paper, turning the same way Taeyong did to show the manager what was written on his paper: Jeno. He proceeded to back away slowly from the line and flopped down next to his leader.

The room was eerily silent as each member moved up in the line, waiting for their turn to select their victim. The only sounds came from the members' shoes.

Once everyone had selected, the manager scanned the list to make sure there were no pairs and there wasn't. They had somehow managed to get through the list without having to backtrack and repeat.

"Alright, boys, everything looks good. We will have a staff member drop off the guns to all of your dorms later."

"Do we have to record this for content?" Haechan raised his hand, asking without waiting for permission.

Their manager shook his head. "No, we are letting you guys enjoy the game without having to film it. We figured that would make it too obvious for your target and wanted you guys to have a little fun with it." There was a collective sigh of relief knowing that there would be no responsibilities of capturing their kills on camera.

"Oh, just a few more rules: bathrooms are off limits; if someone is sleeping in their room, on the couch, or even on the stairs, they are off limits; and if you are in front of a camera, you are safe. Good luck everyone."

A/N: Hi everyone, this will be the place to find a summary of the round. It will only contain confirmed targets and who they have killed as well as who has been killed. 

Taeil-->? 

Lucas-->?

Renjun-->?

Taeyong-->Ten

Xiaojun-->?

Winwin-->?

Yuta-->?

Mark-->?

Chenle-->?

Kun-->?

Jungwoo-->Jeno

Jeno-->?

Jaemin-->? 

Shotaro-->?

Jisung-->?

Johnny-->?

Sungchan-->?

Ten-->?

Haechan-->?

Jaehyun-->?

Yangyang-->?

Doyoung-->?

Hendery-->?