o n e || that son of a banana

"My mother always used to say: 'The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.'"

~ Betty White

Juniper's pov

I knew my school year was going to go great when my grandpa mentioned that his "enemie's" grandson was moving back to town. Or, in his words, "JUNE! That son of a banana's grandson is moving back to town!" it took me a second to register what he had said. But before I could say anything he had started a full on rant, "Can you believe it! I already have to deal with him! Imagine another him! And younger! I'm gonna kill that bas-"

I stopped listening when he started mentioning murder. I knew that at this point that grandpa was on a roll, and there was no way to trip him except wait until he got it all out.

When the new information finally sunk in, I jumped off the couch and ran to my room.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Mr. Montague's grandson is moving back. Oh god! Their feud is annoying enough as it is...I don't know if I could deal with another Mr. Montague...kill me now!

I'm shaken out of my thoughts when my phone rings.

"I just took a DNA test, turns out I'm 100% that bitch

Even when I'm crying crazy

Yeah, I got boy problems, that's the human in me

Bling bling, then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me"

I smile, because the song always reminds me of April, who is currently calling me now.

"Hey April!" I chirp into the phone.

"June! I heard the news!" April yells through the phone.

"Jeez April, no need to scream! And what news?" I ask.

"Didn't you hear, Roman Montague is coming to town!" she exclaims.

Wait...Montague? Could he be Mr. Montague's grandson...?

"Wait, MONTAGUE?" I yell through the phone.

"YES MONTAGUE!" April yells back.

I wince, and lower my tone, and say, "Well my grandpa just said that Mr. Montague's grandson was moving back to town, so I assumed that he is Mr. Montague's grandson...?"

"..."

"April?" I say, not sure why she is quiet, because she is never quiet.

"I just looked it up, and um...he is his grandson." April says.

"Wait, you said you looked it up...?" I say, questioning her.

"Yeah, duh! He's the son of Jake and Lily Montague! You know, the people that run that flower store in Florida that you adore?"

"Yeah, I know, but how can he be the son of two wonderful people on earth...? And how the hell did I not know that they were related to Mr. Montague?"

"Jeez, you make it sound as if he's a villain...he's hot you know." she says suggestively through the phone. Then she says as an afterthought, "And you know, maybe you just completely overlooked that they all have the same last name?"

"Yes April, I'm totally going to go after my grandpa's nemesis's grandson. And how was I supposed to know that they were related? There are many Montagues in the world!" I exclaim.

"Well, you can be clueless sometimes...here! I'll send a picture! He's really hot!"

"April, I don't wan-" I get cut off by the ding! of my phone.

I open the text, and holy hell, I almost drop my phone. Why is he blessed with these looks? He has caramel colored hair, brilliant amber eyes, and a smirk that you want to slap off his face. But still, he's hot.

"So? Isn't he hot?" April asks.

"Uh-huh, yeah." I say, still distracted.

How am I supposed to hate this kid when he is basically a greek god?

"So he is hot!" April exclaims.

"Wait what! No!" I yell into the phone, realizing what I just said.

"JUNIPER!" I hear grandpa yell from down the stairs.

"Ap, I gotta go, talk later?"

"Sure, bye!"

"Bye!"

I walk down the stairs to grandpa and sit on the couch across from him.

"What is it grandpa?" I ask.

"As you know, the Montague boy is moving back to town, and I want you to stay away from him, okay? Or even better, be better than him! Beat him in everything! So I can boast to that son of a banana." grandpa mutters the last part.

"Yes grandpa." I say, I was already planning on staying away from him. Besides, it would be too tiring to be the best at everything!

"Alright, love you June." grandpa says, and I go back upstairs.

Somehow, I find myself looking at the photo of Roman, and I have to admit, he is hot. I just have to avoid him the whole year and don't let him bother me. Easy, right?

Well at least I hope so...

❧ ❧ ❧

Heyyyyy!

First chapter yay! Juniper has yet to know that Roman is from her childhood incident...

The next few chapters will be in Juniper's pov, and I think that maybe I will have Roman's pov after those chapters.

Anyway, hope you're having a laugh-tastic day!

See ya later alligators!

~ Evelyn Y.