Chapter 2: the candy bar

It was a normal Tuesday, and I was making my towards the the doors to leave the school. As I was walking, I got stopped by Jane Kristin, one of the "highly popular" girls. To me, everyone was categorized the same. She stopped my a few steps before I reached the door. I brushed my hand through my chestnut brown sleek hair which measure to my elbows, and I stopped as I was interrupted by her.
"Hey, just wanted to know where you got that top. It's really cute "
I looked at her square in her hazel eyes for a split second. Just through eye contact, I told her I wasn't in the mood, although I never am. I looked down at shirt for awhile, looking at the stitches of the letters that spell out "leave me alone," just trying to avoid eye contact with her. that has always made something awkward to me.
I shift my eyes to the cuts on my left wrist. It brung back so much pain, torture that I had the power to stop, but I felt as if I deserved it.
Being the sensitive fool I was, I softly pushed her out of the way with my shoulder and pushed the door open. I had tears that started to trickle down my rosy cheeks. My social anxiety was attacking again.
I could hear her assuring her friends "I told you. she doesn't speak, but I'll make her." Behind me.
I sped up, nearly tripping on the sidewalk cracks. I heard the red leaves crunch bellow my feet.
'Why do I do that? Why am I not normal? Why do I cut myself?' These questions always come back to me every time I'm around somebody.
I was going to be late to see my therapist. I don't want to Make my parents upset.

Finally, I reached the stone house I lived in. I walked up the concrete steps until a boy interrupted me.
"Hey, ma'm!" Sweetly . I reversed to see whom just called me. I focused on the boys face. he had beautiful blonde- goldish hair that brushed upward. It accented his piercing blue eyes and and the sweet smile he exchanged to me.
He was holding a box of candy bars.
"I'm sorry to bother you , but I was wondering if you want to buy a candy bar for a dollar. It's for a fundraiser I'm running for the depressed kids who meet at the church every Sunday. "
He looked so serious when he talked, it was amazing to see someone like that, since all the boys in my school always getting into trouble.
And here me out, the only time I use voice is to my therapist and my parents, but I had such an urge to reply to this guy.
"Y-Yes" I quietly replied as I pulled out a dollar from my old navy jeans. As I gave him the dollar, the cute on my wrist became visible to him. He finally acknowledged them. Soon enough, I felt his moist hand as he held my hand, turning it around to the cuts again.
"Please don't do this ever again to yourself " he told me, as he got lost into my green eyes, and suddenly, I got lost into his.