Nick the Killer

It all started last week. Slender told me I needed to stop answering to e-mails that Nick sent to me. It was the only way I got to talk to my brother anymore. He didn't know that I'm a proxy. As a matter of fact he had no clue where I was. All he knew was that I left without saying goodbye.

    Once I stopped answering, I stopped reading too. I couldn't keep from answering if I read them. Before he would only send one e-mail a week but without my replies they came in more rapidly. It started to drive me insane to the point that I shut off my laptop and stuffed it under my bed.

    Not being able to talk to him was killing me. Maybe even literally....the voices in my head were telling me that I needed to go see him...but Slender said no.

    I just kind of stayed in my room for a while to avoid break downs. One day, Megan Madness came into my room to find me sobbing into my pillow. "Nikki?" she asked, "Nikki, whats wrong?" She sat on the side of my bed and put her hand on my shoulder.

    "I need to go see Nick...." I pushed my face deeper into the pillow.

    "I know it's hard, Nikki....but you know the rules..." She paused, "You know what?"

She sounded a little cheerful.

    "What?" I mumbled. How the hell could she be cheerful right now?

    "I can't take you alone..." she said, "but If I go get Lilly she might come with!" She fled from my room and came back with Lilly.

    "Damn, Chicka!" She exclaimed, "Why have you waited this long to go see him? I couldn't imagine being without a twin for that long."

   I sighed "But Slender said...."

   "Slender can fuck a tree, alright." she declared, "We're taking you to see your brother."

    Megan nodded, "Like seriously though. He can't keep you from your brother. Now let's go."

    I got up off of my bed and we went downstairs. As the three of us left the mansion, I could see Slender out of the corner of my eye. He was watching us...and he knew where we were going. I know he knew because of the way he was standing. It was the same tense stand that he does when I don't do what he says. But whatever. He wasnt stopping us so we kept going.

    On the way through the woods I thought someone was following us but there was nothing there. I heard rustling like leaves moving.  "Do you guys hear that?" I asked.

    "Hear what?" Lilly asked.

    I stopped and listened, "It stopped...." I whispered.

   Megan came over and put her arm around my shoulder. "It's probably just anxiety." she said. "Let's cover up. We can't let the people in town see us."

    I flipped my hair into my face and  made sure my knives were hidden. We all put our hoods up and began the walk to my old house.

   All of our hearts stopped when we heard police sirens in the distance.

   "Shit..." Megan said. "How did they find us?"

    "I don't know. Lilly shook her head.

    In our confusion we just stood on the sidewalk as the cars drew closer. Panic coursed through my veins but the cops flew past us.

   "What the hell...." I said. I let my eyes follow the flashing lights. They turned onto my old street. "Weird...." I said.

    "Nikki, isn't that your old street?" Lilly asked.