Chapter 2.

*a month later*

Just as we arrive to platform 9 ¾ at King's Cross station in London, the express that's taking us to Hogwarts is just a few minutes away from leaving, which is quite worrisome, considering the fact that the distance between me and the train is still huge, no matter how much I speed my steps up. Not like this scene is anything unusual, at this point my friends don't even expect me to be there in time. Me and my "company" are late every year ever since I've started studying at the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I blame them though, it's not me that takes at least three hours to prepare for leaving the house. Actually, I pack my things the morning I leave for the start of the school year. But maybe it's for the better that I don't know what's taking them so damn long.

"faster, Moony, almost there!" my dad shouts laughing while we're running like crazy and I take a look behind me and can't help but burst out in laughter as well, as I see Remus trying to keep up with us, head as red as a tomato and gasping for air. Running isn't his kind of sport as I could tell. I can see my friends waving and yelling, still from the distance and the Weasley twins are coming up to us to help carry my things to the part of the train that has already been claimed by our group. I didn't think it was possible, but they seem to have grown even taller than when I last met them at the end of May.  "You're like giants standing next to a house elf" I say jokingly and they're giving each other a high five. "Mission accomplished" Fred grins and we arrive to the others who have been waiting for my arrival as well. "Now, what are you waiting for? Get up on the train, it could leave any second!" Remus is reminding us, so we get together to push ourselves into the train. It's harder than we calculated, the nine of us could hardly get through the tiny door, so we quickly form into a line. Up first goes Harry, then Ron lets Hermione be next and Harry's catching her arms to pull her up the stairs quicker. Ginny comes as the fourth, Fred and George lift and throw her into the wagon which she doesn't handle quite well. "I'm no baby anymore!" she complains, but there's no time to care about her pride getting torn. Neville helps Luna as they're next, and it's only me and the twins left standing at the station still. They're looking questioningly at me, but I shake my head as a sign that they don't have to wait for me, I need just a little more time. I look at Sirius and Remus, quickly hug them and they both give a kiss on my cheek. "Be careful, okay?" I whisper in their ears with my eyes closed, right before I let go of them. "Shouldn't we be the ones saying that?" Sirius asks with a smirk on his face. Then he turns a little bit more serious. "Take care, pup." I smile at them as I step on the stairs, taking one last look at the crowd of parents gathering at the station, waiting for their children to leave, waving at the train, searching for the window their kids are sitting behind, running up to them to give back something they forgot, taking photos, and as the doors close, these pictures melt together and feel further away than ever as we're leaving King's Cross.

Everyone on the train is in a state of euphoria, pure excitement fills the air as we realise we're about to return to our favorite magical place. The wagons of Hogwarts Express are loud from the nonstop chatting and every now and then, a laugh breaks through the noise. "You hear that?" George asks, looking at me while getting cozy in the opposite seat. "Hear what?" I wrinkle my eyebrows confused as I sit down too. "The people" he sighs happily as he sits back and streches his legs. They're long enough to be touching the tips of my shoes, even though my legs are a little under my seat. They really did grow a lot. "Music to my ears" sings Fred as he jumps down next to me. He turns to be facing towards me and tries to put his legs into my lap so he can rest like the king he thinks he is. "Don't you dare-" I stop him halfway and push them down from me, but he doesn't give up easily, so we're just playing a game of him trying to keep his legs in place while i restrain him. After a while I just give up, roll my eyes at him and he holds up his middle finger. Ah, yes, missed our way of communication. George laughs us off and Fred yawns, getting into the most comfortable position and rests his head on his arms crossed behind him, where his seat meets the wall. Lastly, Ginny rushes into the cabin and sits down. "There wasn't more space left in the other one.." she feels like she needs to explain herself to us but we didn't mind her in the first place. I smile at her and immediately she looks down at her hands, picking her skin. Ever since the incident with the Chamber of Secrets has taken place, she's been getting more and more mental health related issues acting up. The latest one is her anxiety. Whenever we try to offer her our help, she distances herself and either acts cold or pretends we don't exist, so we kind of gave up on that idea, at least for now. At least she has people who truly care for her. I realise my thoughts have wandered off and as I drive my focus back to the conversation between the Weasley siblings, I interrupt by asking if they have seen Draco anywhere. "No, and I'm glad about it. I want to avoid looking at his greasy, white head for as long as possible" states Fred with a look of disgust appearing on his face that's always around when Draco is mentioned. I ignore his insult as I always do, while they're going into details on Draco and mock him together with George. I understand, they have quite a few reasons to hate him and it's taken as a battle by both sides. But I, a Slytherin got pretty close with him as the years went by and I know damn well he's actually not a bad person, his attitude comes from his family's expectations mostly. I'd rather stay out of their fight and avoid picking sides because I love all of my friends dearly, and I don't want to lose them to something stupid like this conflict. They're okay with it by now, they've accepted that I'm not willing to stand by any of them, and in return I need to listen to them openly talk shit about each other. Not the greatest position to be in, honestly.