3

Both kingdoms had their people come to the border, where a huge podium sat, with the soldiers in front, ready for any signs of danger.

"As it is tradition! The King of Light, and the King of Dark, must dance and seal the bonds. " The royal guard said, his hands behind his back, chin up and head held high, showing how marvelous he is.

"Step aside." The light King said, his beautiful self coming into view. "Your Highness, I musn't-"

"I said, step aside. Please." He put on an awfully arrogant tone on the last remark before stepping in the middle of the podium, a wide smirk playing on his face.

"Need a hand princess?" Taehyung bowed politely. A ring-decorated hand came into his view. It looked rough compared to his but he didn't care.

"You're the princess here." Jungkook spoke up, his hand still in the air, waiting for the other to take it. Rolling his eyes, Taehyung dusted himself off before taking the others hand.

"Shall we dance King?"

Waltz- Katzen Blut

As soon as the song started, the kings started moving in sync. The bystanders had to move away, deeper into the garden as it is tradition for them to dance alone.

"Say, you must be pretty lonely, no?" Jungkook spoke up, staring into the other's eyes. "It gets lonely, but not all the time."

The older smiled, pulling the other closer and giggling, "I won't go easy like my dad did on yours. I have self-respect you should too Jungkook. I'm sorry, but I won't let my people down, neither should you."

Taehyung's deep voice came out in a whisper. His body moved with the flow of the music, his hands gripping the other's bicep. "I know... I don't wanna let anyone down and I sure as hell don't wanna see you drop dead."

Jungkook sighed, they had to keep their faces neutral, but all he wanted right now is to be close to the other, to joke around and just talk.

"You've gotten soft JK. You'll get gurt that way.."

"I know."

♕︎

Taehyungs body dropped on his bed, the beige sheets spread neatly on it before he crumbled them with his weight.
"Jungkookie, you really are stupid huh."

He laid there in silence, the noise of nothingness filling his ears as he closed his eyes. He felt numb, yet so many emotions at the same time. His fingertips tingled from where he held onto Jungkook, and his waist still felt warm from the other's hands.

The moon peeked in through the window, its light rays coming down onto the king's body, making every special feature he had pop up.

That silence didn't last for long as a knock interrupted him replaying the dance.

"Come in." He spoke up, his body not moving an inch. "Sir, you've received a letter." The soft voice of his guard made him smile as he extended his hand, waiting for the letter to fall into it.

Hurridly, the guard made his way to the bed, placing the letter into the king's hand. "I'll be on my leave now."

"Wait!" Taehyung sat up, grabbing the older arm. "Yes Sir?"
The guard turned around, head still bowed down. "What is your name?"
"Jimin, Sir."

Watching him leave saddened the King, he wanted someone he could talk to. A friend in this lonely castle of his. Shaking it off, he grabbed his letter opener from the bedside table.

Its golden color shined in the light, contrasting so prettily against Taehyung's tan skin. Cutting the letter open, his eyes darkened as he saw the mark at the top.

A black pawn.

He pulled out the paper before reading it out loud, he wasn't able to hide the nervousness laced in his voice.

"King Taehyung
I write you this letter to let you know that I have made the first move. I hope it isn't much of a shock. I do not know when this letter will reach you but I hope you're doing well.
I miss you :)
Hope we get a chance to dance again my Dove.
Oh, almost forgot, by the time you're done reading this, my pawn has made his way into your castle.

:)
What's your Next move King?"

To say He's scared is an understatement. Just out of nowhere, Jungkook makes a move. His heartbeat out of his chest at the sound of a black pawn in his castle.

He didn't know what else to do than send a pawn back. "Crazy bastard- I'll show him who's the real king."

Sitting down at the table, he grabbed a piece of paper and a stamp with some white wax. Pouring the white substance on the top, he pressed the stamp in, leaving a symbol of a pawn.

"Dear Jungkook.."