Meet Stereo Madness

Player was just wondering around alone. They then looked at a blue label that read 'Stereo Madness'. They were also told that there would be a difficulty right in front of them to introduce and talk to them. They didn't see anybody. The hallways were empty and silent. They could only hear the sound of ships passing by behind them. Their guess was that the difficulty icon was either asleep or running late for some strange reason. Either way, Player was very impatient and curious. But they knew that they weren't supposed to skip the basics and move on—they had to wait for someone to give them the permission to do so. They sighed and leaned against the wall. Waiting for someone wasn't their thing. They'd rather watch that old demon walk up a long flight of stairs rather than wait for someone they were supposed to see. They stayed the way they were; they didn't change their cube. They closed their eyes for a short moment to rest them. They soon heard the sound of demon, similar to a roar or a growl.

A voice suddenly greeted them, "Hi there!"

Player jumped.

A blue difficulty icon stood in front of them with a smile. "I'm Stereo!" they said, "What's yours?"

Player was so stunned by the sudden greeting that they didn't know how to respond. "I-I..." they said, "I don't have a specific name to be honest..."

"Why so?" Stereo stuck his tongue out and tilted his head sideways. He wasn't smiling either.

"I don't really know," Player responded, "are you the person I'm supposed to see?"

"Yep!" Stereo smiled again, spitting a little in their face, "Follow me! I'll show you something magical!" He jumped through the level walls.

Player was unsure, they'd rather stay outside than to obey a stranger. Stereo also seemed very gullible to even notice that they didn't move. They stood up and looked around before being yanked by the hand. What stood in front of them was a spike and a displeased difficulty.

"I know you don't want to listen to anybody, but it's part of the game," Stereo explained, "just do what you're told and you'll get prizes!"

"What kind of prizes?"

"Orbs, stars," Stereo gleefully listed, "and best of all, DIAMONDS!"

Player grinned a little. "That's awesome!" they replied, "What do I do first?"

"Jump over this spike," Stereo pointed at a triangle.

Player raised an eyebrow. "Can I just step over it?"

"Do you have legs?" Stereo's smile turned into a frown.

Player looked down and then looked back up. "No..."

"That's your answer then," he told them.

Player sighed. "What happens if I just," they run into the spike...

BOOM!

Player then respawned again.

Stereo laughed. "It's funny how players like you don't do what I say,"

"How am I supposed to jump over this thing? It's larger than me!" Player started to get frustrated.

"You just said the word," Stereo smiled, "Jump."

Player sighed frustratingly. They closed their eyes and raced towards the spike again. This time, they used their body to lift them up into the air for a short amount of time before landing on a smooth surface. They looked back...the spike was now behind them.

Stereo clapped. "You did it! You jumped over a spike!"

Player felt proud of themselves for once. "Now where's my prize?"

"You gotta complete the level first," Stereo pointed, "there's still more to go!"

Player's jaw dropped when Stereo revealed the entire level. It was long. "Are you SERIOUS?!"

"Yep!" Stereo nodded, "I know you can do it! If you can jump over a spike, you can complete this level."

Player's eye twitched.

"If you're frustrated, you can always come back later to finish," Stereo pointed out.

"Great," Player jumped through the walls, teleporting back to the main menu.

They didn't get enough time to look around when Stereo added, "Don't skip the other levels! Check them out too!"

Thanks, Stereo...Player thought bitterly, I'll do what you have to say...