Where I'm from

I'm from small townhomes, sharing rooms, faceless playmates, knowing one day I'm going to be famous. From Christmases spent checking out toys and weekly trips to grandma's house.

I'm from tinker bell, sesame street, Dora the explorer, my little pony. From Barbie dolls, stuffed animals, snow-white. From princess costumes, "I want to be a fairy," and chocolate is the best thing in the world(and it still is).

I'm from bad dad jokes, 30 minute tablet time, and fighting over who gets to sit in the front seat. From, "don't touch me," "stop chewing so loud," "why are you sitting so close?"

I'm from group chats filled with "hi"s and "sup"s, sitting by myself at recess hoping someone would notice, from "if you tell me why you're crying you can be my best friend",  from a world where friends either move away, drift away, or don't show up at all. 

I'm from the first book I ever enjoyed being read over and over, obsessed with fantasy, obsessed with ghost stories, obsessed with sci-fi, obsessed with, "I can read this book faster than you." 

I'm from singing Annie in front of the mirror, playing songs on repeat until I got the lyrics right. From singing in the shower at the top of my lungs, to humming quietly in the halls on my way to class. From musicals and broadway.

I'm from baking cakes and bread, cookies, and soft pretzels, lemon bars, and brownies, from cooking eggs and toast, spaghetti and mozzarella chicken, tacos, and burritos. From loving Susi and enchiladas but never soup. 

I'm from watching my sister growing more talented and thinking, "I want to be just like her", from writing to drawing, only trying to get her attention, seeing her whole other life with friends, reminding me how much I still don't know about her.

 I'm from new schools, from old schools. From new friendships and old ones. From art, and writing. Reading and baking and music. From ups and downs. Good days and bad days. From I only ever wanted to be amazing. And I am. I know where I'm from. How about you?

A/N- I really hope you like it. please comment on what you think! Thank you.