7

"What the fuck?" I stared at the card Harry was holding in his hands. He smiled, face red, and he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh, yeah, I'm kinda...famous, I guess?"

"No," I said. "The- the picture is moving. How does that even make sense?"

"You're a witch." Ron took a bite of his chocolate frog. "You're gonna have to get used to this sort of stuff." He looked at the card in his hand and sighed. "Can I stop getting these bloody cards? Harry, mate, you want to trade?"

"What card did you get?"

"One of those new ones they issued. This is the third cyclops card I've gotten." 

"And what's wrong with cyclops?" I grinned, slouching in my seat. My robes slipped open, but my hands didn't move. The dark blue of my shirt could be seen, along with a small sliver of my sports bra. My leggings were probably visible too, and normally I wouldn't wear them, but there is one good thing about these robes. They have pockets.

Besides, there was nothing on the paper that said I couldn't wear normal clothes under my robes. Thank you careless oversight. 

"They eat people and-"

"Tend to sheep." I said. "Trust me, the eating people is kinda off-putting, but it's not like they're human." Also not like my brother is a cyclops, and its definitely not like cyclops were a reason for us to not be living under a tyrannical Titan Lord of Time or anything. But, unfortunately, saying that would lead to more questions than I want to answer or that I even want them to ask.  "Hey, how much longer do we have until we get to the school?"

"Not too much longer," Hermione said.

True to her word, just after dusk, the train began to slow. Lupin sat up and yawned. He rubbed at his eyes and peered out the window. The car jolted, I stood up and swayed. My hand closed around the strap of my backpack, and I slung it over my shoulder.

"They want us to leave our stuff here."

"I'd rather keep it on me." I don't know who it is moving stuff around to wherever it needs to go, and I don't know if they'll go through any of my stuff. Ninety percent of American schools would probably do it, and they don't have to worry about...uh, cursed objects? Is that an actual worry they have or do they encourage that? Part of me was really wishing I'd actually suffered through reading the letter.

The tiny dark platform wasn't much to talk about, and honestly the only thing of note was the tall guy yelling for first years to follow him. I frowned and wrapped my hand around the back of Hermione's robe. My position here was still weird. Not a first year, but not really above. I'm stuck, once again, between two different things. Though I guess I should be glad that I'm only stuck between class levels and not between the mortals and immortals.

How many do you think can see us this year?

More than last year?

Doubt it.

Frowning I looked around, before my eyes widened and I rushed towards the source of the noises, ignoring the shouts from the others. My hands ran over the soft sleek coats of the horses, the outline of every bone obvious. "You're so pretty," I mumbled. "I mean, you guys are obviously a variant of pegasus, but your wings are so cool." 

"Percy?" Harry's voice carried an obvious question. "You can see them?"

"Why wouldn't I be able to?"

The weird beak of the horse grazed the top of my head, sniffing my head. A leathery wing wrapped around me. I stumbled backwards until its ribs dug into my back. Child of Poseidon? That means you're...Little Lady.

What's with mythological horses and giving me nicknames?

"You- You have to have seen death to be able to see thestrals."

Oh.

"Yeah, well, I've seen people die so I think I've got that covered. Mind letting me go? I want to get to the school. Well, actually I just want to get someplace where I'm not surrounded on all sides by never ending darkness." Who's ever heard of wanting to go to school?

The thestral lifted its wing, and I crammed myself into the carriage. I closed my eyes, listening to the conversations, both of my human companions and the thestrals. Once the carriage stopped and we got out, I found myself singled out by Minerva. The headmistress walked over to me, and without a word, gestured for me to follow her. So I did. 

Maybe I was being a bit too trusting. Maybe I should've been more wary of someone named after a goddess. Maybe I should've asked questions. Maybe I wouldn't have been standing behind a whole bunch of tiny smol children. 

The big sister instinct I have for the younger campers flared the moment I saw the kids. It took all of my willpower to keep myself from going to each of them, introducing myself and threatening to beat the crap out of them if they do anything stupid. The one thing being a demigod has taught me, maiming your siblings is perfectly acceptable, and so is killing them in some circumstances. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Minerva. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room.

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rulebreaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting."
Her eyes focused on my robes, and the shirt visible beneath it." "I shall return when we are ready for you," Minerva said. "Please wait quietly."

Ah, i love things where I can just swipe the stuff straight from the source material. 

I'm gonna go to bed

See yah