My Destiny

I heard a noise in the castles hallway. It was likely 12 in the morning.
I slowly got up from the bed and opened the bedroom door. I saw this creature run right past me. It was short with big ears. Very skinny and stinky.
"You get back here you little-" I turned and saw Merlin who froze once he saw me.
"Did I wake you my lady?"
"Merlin what on earths name was that?"
"Oh not like it's a little troll. Just go back to sleep it's nothing really"
"I can help."
"I'm not trying to put you at risk Nesrin."
"What if someone catches you using the word that shall not be named in the castle" I rolled my eyes.
"Come on" I said as I walked passed him and ran the direction the troll ran. He then followed,
"Shouldn't you be sleeping? I mean lady Morgana said-"
"Lady Morgana is not my mother." I said as Merlins lips perched together as if he told himself to shut up. We spotted the creature in the castles library. It was on the bookshelf. I looked at Merlin and said "what now"
"I have box. If we could somehow distract it and just trap it in here from behind I think we'd be good."
It was not easy to catch. Merlin and I ran around the library trying to catch the books and other items that fell as the troll jumped across the shelves.
And suddenly it was cornered. Merlin said a spell that was suppose to knock out the creature but it did nothing. Me on the other hand- I turn into my natural fairy like self and whispered a sleeping spell. It was hardly working so I grabbed the box as quickly as I could and trapped it.
"Merlin, close it! hurry!"
As soon as we closed it I noticed Merlin staring at me surprised. "You're a fairy" he said as I backed away from him. My wings hit one of the shelves and knocked over some books. My eyes widened.
"You look exactly how the book described you. Eyes that that look like fall leafs, cherry lips, horns as hard as an iron and as pointy as a nail, hair like the waves from the sea, and wings like an angel."
I took a deep breath and turned back into my human form.
"You look a lot like what they say in the books you know that." I rolled my eyes and said "Merlin can you please stop comparing me to this goddess... I-"
"Why are you so afraid of it?"
"Merlin stop please- take this back where you found it" his eyes widened and my eyebrows knitted together.
"Never again do you open things that call your name!"
"I know I just didn't think he was-"
"It says to not open On the steal of the box!" He scratched his head. "I'm going to bed Merlin- I have to wake up in an hour."
I did not wake up until noon. Morgana slowly opened my door and sat beside me on the bed.
"I found this."she whispered as I turned over to face her.
She held one of my feathers in her hand.
"What were u doing last night?"
"Ask Merlin the guys crazy"
" you used your powers in the castle. You know how much-"
"Morgana please- look I had to help Merlin out. I forgot he's never seen me like that. I just..." I sat up.
" you want to go back home."I nodded. "I have to tell you something"
"There's a place- I don't know where but I heard legends about it. They have creatures just like you."
I looked down."I was man made nobody is like me"
Morgana looked at me rather worried.
"I'm just a creature to you aren't I?" She shook her head no as I stood up from the bed. I grabbed my hood and quickly put it on.
"Where are you going to go?"
"Don't worry about it."
"The king wants to see you here for breakfast."
"Tell him that I left and that I'm never coming back"
"What? no." She quickly got up and grabbed my arm."Nesrin please"
"I don't belong here!" I cried. "Morgana-" I walked to the door and locked it with a plank of wood. I turned to her as her eyes widened. I quickly closed the curtains with my magic and paused.
I closed my eyes and mist formed around as I turned back into my angel like self.
" Nesrin change back this instant!" We heard a knock on the door and prince Arthur's voice came from the other side.
"Is everything alright in there- the door is locked"
"Yes yes everything is fine Arthur"
"Morgana is that you?"
"Yes I'm with Nesrin right now we are having a talk"
"Well the king has something for Nesrin"
Morgana gave me a look and that was very stern.
"Okay fine" I changed back. Morgana got up and walked toward me. She quickly helped me put on a dress and said, "Come on." She let her hand out for me to hold and I did.
"Ladies?" Arthur called as Morgana unlocked the door and opened it.
"Arthur will never understand that us ladies need time to get ready" she said as she smirked at him.
"Hey I was just following fathers words."
"Sure"
"He's over there at his thrown"
As soon as we walked into the room the king was standing right in front of his chair.
"Welcome my lady" he said as he smiled brightly.
"I was hoping to give you a gift this morning." He held out a necklace. Morgana's eyes suddenly widened.
"It's made out of pure Iron and gold." I looked at him and smiled slightly now understanding why Morgana had made that face. I can not touch iron. It burns my skin.
"Would you like me to put it on you?" Asked the king.
"Its okay sire. I will be sure to keep it safe. I will wear it as promised."
"I'd like you to wear it for dinner tonight. As one of my friends will be coming over to see the kingdom and visit" I nodded.
Morgana took the necklace for me and we both walked out of the room. I quickly walked back into my room with her and took a deep breath.
"Salem" he popped up from under the bed.
I grabbed the necklace with a cloth and brought it to him.
"Is this what mother told me about. The iron I am not to touch" he sniffed it and said that if I were to get in contact at all it'll leave severe burns.
Morgana watched as I communicated with him. He then said that it was time to go.
Morgana grabbed my hand softly and said "so you're staying" tears flooded my eyes. I was unsure of what to do. You guys may be so confused by why I wanted to leave so badly. But there's this thing Mother told to do...I need be recharged this force field so that the animals in the forest stay safe. I can't let them down.
Morgana put her hand on my cheek softly and kissed my forehead.
"Thank you for everything. But I have to leave." My wings formed behind me as I stood up and away from Morgana.
"You're making a mistake!"
Salem jumped into my bag. "I don't belong here" her eyes began to glow.
"Don't come near me Morgana!" I walked up to the window.
"Nesrin stop!"
I turned and quickly flew out. And at the second the warning bells rang.
I quickly flew away from the castle deep into the forest. It was quiet. I flew to the river mom was in and sat down.
When darkness took over I heard bushes rumble behind me.
"Salem is that you" I said as I stood up.
I realized Salem was sleeping right behind me so I spread my wings and said "whoever you are, show yourself now"
Merlin tripped out of the bushes and his eyes widened as he saw me towering over him with my wings.
"Why did you follow me here Merlin"
"I came to help"
"Merlin I don't need your help! I need you to back to the castle"
"Morgana needs you Nesrin."
"Stop!" My anger grew bigger and bigger. Merlin walked closer. "Go away!" He reached up for my hand and I suddenly pushed him away with my wings.
"I don't want to hurt you Merlin please!"
Merlin stood his ground and walk toward me once more.
"Think about what you're doing!" He said as I tilted my head.
"You don't know why I'm here. You don't know my story. Merlin I am no goddess." I started to sob. I brought myself down from hovering over him and backed away.
"Do you see me. Look! I don't belong in Camelot! In a castle! I can't spend my days hiding myself. I have to protect the forest, that is my job! Now please Merlin leave before I hurt you" Merlin stood there standing as if he didn't believe a word I had said.
Once Salem got up and walked toward me Merlin took a step back.
"Merlin... go" he shook his head no.
"No matter what you say I won't go because you need to hear me out. You are the goddess in the books. People saw you fly around as a child. They drew you. They know your story"
"They know nothing of me!"  I rushed toward Merlin, pushed him against a tree, and grabbed him by the neck.
"Nesrin-"
"Shut up!"
"Stop! STOP!" I heard someone yell.
"Go away!" I cried as I tightened my grip.
"Nesrin please!" I turned my head and saw Morgana and prince Arthur.
"Nesrin your mother-"
"You know nothing of my mother Morgana!"
"She wouldn't want this!"
Salem caressed his body on my legs and purred
I looked down at him and sighed. "Salem I can't-"
I let Merlin go and backed away.
"You guys need to leave now" I said as Morgana shook her head no.
"Come back to the castle with us" Merlin said as I laughed.
"You guys don't understand do you. Look at me." I stood quiet for a second. "They already saw me. If I go back I'd be killed"
"We could tell them that that wasn't you. trust me they believe everything" prince Arthur said.
"I see." I said as I looked at Merlin.
"We can talk about it after I help my friends in the forest."
Morgana nodded.
They followed me deep into the forest and into a cave.
"What is this place" Arthur asked as Merlin chuckled.
"This cave has a gem... it holds the magic that keeps this place safe from any imposters" I said as Arthur looked at Merlin confused. "You guys need to stay here. It's dangerous for you to stand near it" they nodded. As soon as I got to the gem I said the spell mother wrote down in a spell book she made for me. As I repeated the spell the gem began to glow. Gusts of wind surrounded me. You see guys what I didn't tell you is that this has to be done every few million years. Mother was the one that use to do this. And every time it'd be like she was risking her life for us all. When generating power into the gem you are putting your life at risk. That's why as soon as you're done you have to drink a potion. If not- then you're officially dead.
So I did it. My veins were popping out of my body, blood rushed through the veins of my eyes. I fell to the ground and began to breathe heavily. They ran to me and tried to stand me up.
"Give me the potion in my bag" I struggled to say.
Morgana grabbed the potion and poured it into my mouth. As soon as I drank it I closed my eyes for a minute and took a deep breath.
"Nesrin" Morgana questioned as i slowly opened my eyes and smiled slightly. We decided to take minute before walking out of the cave. I had to explain the history of the gem and how important it was to my friends here in the forest. I'm sure Merlin wrote everything down.
As soon as I was able to balance and stand up straight we walked out.
"So what's your plan?" Morgana asked me as I stopped walking.
"It's getting late you guys should-"
"Nesrin, we will be sure to protect you" said prince Arthur.
"Said the man whose father kills every person who has magic or is suspected of hindering with it."
"I'm not like my father. Look yes he's a little harsh. But it won't be like that forever. I accept you."
"I just don't want to hide myself"
"You can always come here to be free." Morgana said, "we won't prevent you from coming here but we do want you to be safe with us most of the time. You aren't going to be in jail you know."
"Like I said guys they saw me."
"I have a plan." Merlin said as I looked at him desperately.
"Prince Arthur I want you to come into Camelot with Nesrin, we will come in after with wings not from her of course but ones that seemingly looked like we killed what 'took her'"
Everyone's eyes widened. How did we get the huge wings you ask? Just imagine us killing a humongous bird like creature. Because that's exactly what we did.