oneshoot ffgrjjeeiive (part five (5))

NEW CHARACTER INTRODUCTION TIME also its actually angst holy shit

°

Hero's P.O.V

I don't know what came over me.

Something took over. I attacked one of my own.

All I saw was orange. there's soul all over my hands.

I watched the vessel stumble to his feet, forming, from what I could see from my blurred vision, an arrow from soul.

He aimed the arrow toward my head and fired. I fell backward as I yelled in pain. I wasn't sure where I was but I easn't in control of my own body anymore. I felt like I was dreaming. I'm always dreaming. The last thing I saw was another, familiar vessel charging towards the one who shot me.

I don't know when I'll wake up. It feels like I'll never wake up--

I snapped awake when my brother held my face.

"Where were you?!? We've been looking for you everywhere, You just disappeared, We tried to wake you up earlier but you just wouldn't listen--"

Thyme grabbed hold of me tightly in an embrace. He seemed distressed. How long was I out for? How long had I been dreaming?

I looked over to see a mantis-- what was her name again - Orchid. I looked over to see Orchid holding down what seemed to be another vessel. It looked like they were arguing. I could slightly overhear their conversation:

"They're infected, they need to be disposed of immediately!! Keeping them alive isn't going to help you! Did you see the wound Thyme has?!"

I look back at Thyme and I could see a large crack in his shell.

Did I do that?

The vessel noticed I was awake and attempted to reach for me. I attempted to push myself backwards and Thyme reacted, reaching for his nail and aiming it towards the rogue.

"Do not hurt him. I swear on the Pale King I WILL kill you. I do not care. I am not losing my brother no matter what."

"Are you forgetting WE'RE RELATED?!? WE CAME FROM THE SAME EGGS!! THE SAME ABYSS!! WE ARE THE SAME BLOOD!!" The vessel laughed.

"Achilles.. We are here to stay alive. I don't want to hurt you, but."

Thyme charged toward Achilles and raised his nail towards their neck.

"We are not related if all you want is to harm others. We are not the same blood. And as such, I will have no shame in killing you. I have lost my brother one too many times and I do not want to lose him again."

Achilles laughed.

"You are no brother of mine if you believe keeping the weak alive is the best way of surviving. The poor thing has succumbed to the lie TWICE. You are going to lose them no matter what. We need to kill him--"

"NO! I AM NOT GOING TO KILL MY OWN BROTHER IN THE SAKE OF THE LIE. SHE IS PLOTTING TO DRIVE IS TO INSANITY, SHE WANTS THIS. I AM NOT GOING TO KILL MY BROTHER." Thyme spat. Everyone was silent. Achilles was unphased.

"...You really are hopeless, aren't you?"

That was it. I watched as Thyme pierced his nail into Achille's shell. It broke with ease, leaving a shattered mess of white rock.

Thyme fell to the ground in defeat and sobbed. I couldn't really do anything, I was still weak and dazed and on the ground. But I couldn't bare to see my own brother like this.