Chapter 50: Silva Nigra

Elena's POV:

"Slick bloodbag!" I shook my head in disbelief, hearing my voice on the television show.

I thought we had searched him good.

The scene was then switched to my old painting with my family. My strict but loving father, kind step mother, funny half-sister, and protective half-brother. The painting was made only couple years before I opted a different path.

Why did they let him expose me?

Suddenly I could feel burning pain around my neck, so my hands automatically tried to touch it while looking up, only to feel another burning. A man was standing behind me with flat expression while strangling me with his silver-coated garrotte wire.

Mihai Balazs!

Elizabeth's POV:

"I guess I'm the only one who has been missing my patients," she sighed as no one from hospital contacted her.

"It's a good thing, right? They literally let you taking your time," I told, knowing that the prince might do something to make sure his plan is uninterrupted.

She nodded and awkwardly smiled, "I hope it really is a good sign for my patients."

"Signorina, please stay still," the human painter addressed at her, who was sitting gracefully on the armchair.

"I'm sorry, Master Ferri, I just..." she paused and sheepishly smiled at him.

"She's been sitting for almost an hour in same position," I told the human painter, defending her, "Where's my dearest cousin anyway?"

"Looking for me?" Prince Nicholas showed up behind my back and went to his human fiancée.

I looked down when he planted a kiss on her lips, trying to contain my feeling.

"Thank you for giving my fiancée a company, Elizabeth," Prince Nicholas gave me a smile.

If only he was meant it.

"Nicholas, you look great, looking just like a Medieval prince," she complimented Prince Nicholas, who was wearing well-embellished attire.

Actually Medieval princes wore tunics, leggings, and trousers, but I completely agree with her.

He looks so handsome.

"Baby, you should see for yourself, you're even fitted for a queen," he bent and kissed her cheek from behind.

His long hair partly covered the human's face and she just laughed.

I can't watch this any longer.

<Your mind gave me a creep, Elizabeth. You should go> the prince mocked me as he was posing for the human painter.

<I will be in my chamber, my Prince> I told him.

It's now or never.

"Kimberly, I have to welcome my parents, so I'll see you again tonight," I waved.

Nicholas's POV:

"She is so beautiful. No, everyone is beautiful yet ashen," she whispered while maintaining her pose.

Should I ask everyone to eat well before The Ball?

"Do you feel welcomed?" I asked, rubbing her bare shoulder.

She's the one who actually should take it!

She softly moaned, giving me an instant tension down there.