Introduction / Prologue

AUTHOR'S POV

Two men watched as the rain poured heavily, hitting the ground with loud splashes. People dashing for cover as the water drenches their clothing and trying not to slip in the wet weather. The sudden dark weather quickly making the city look gloomy.

Both men sit and sigh as the dark clouds hover over the city. One, a business man, smart and successful, and the other, a single father, trying to make ends meet. 

One has the life everyone desires. High-class cars, huge properties, endless money, a life full of luxury. Yet he wishes he could replace it all with one little thing. His own family. One to call his and one to give all of his love.

The other, well he's got little to nothing except the clothes on his back and his little one. His one desire is to make sure his little one is always happy despite their circumstances. He wishes to provide more for the little one sleeping on his lap. He sometimes wishes everything could fade away and none of this is real.

"Sir, you have a call on line 2," A voice calls from the behind the business man. He jumps and turns around. "Thank you, Ally. You're dismissed for today," He smiles at the woman looking back gratefully at him. "Thanks, Jase, I'm going to call my husband and see how our children are. You have a great night," She smiles back before shutting the door behind her.

He sighs. He wishes that was something he could do. Long day at work then, go home to a full house full of laughter and warm scents from a cooked dinner. Except, he doesn't have one. 

The single father sighs as he runs his fingers through his baby's soft blonde hair. Hitching the small blanket further to keep the warmth in. "I promise you, my son, I will get us away from here and you'll have the life you deserve. I will always protect you," He whispers. The little boy whimpers and snuggles closer to the petite man. "Daddy," He moans. "I'm cold," He shivers. The young father's heartaches, "I know baby, I'm sorry. Come closer and put your face in my jacket." The little one does as he's told before popping his head back up. "We safe?" The father frowns but nods. "Yes my love, he won't find us here," The small boy nods slowly before wiping the fallen tear off his father's cheek. "I love you, Daddy," "And I love you so much more, I will get us a better life." With that, the young one falls asleep instantly, holding tight onto his father's arm.

Both men look back at the pouring rain. If only life could give them what they wanted.

🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

END NOTE

Hey! I hope you've all had a great new year (despite miss rona being here to stay).

This intro is a little messy and short as I haven't really planned for it. I originally intended to only do a one-shot however, as I was writing it, I had more and more ideas pop into my head! So here we are! I just wanted to get it started. I may update this late in the future with a better intro.

I really do hope you like this story. So don't forget to comment! :)

Anyway, I would also like to wish everyone reading this a great year and that it is filled with nothing but happiness, love, and success.✨

QOTC: How is your country/state/city handling COVID?

Here in Australia, I would say it's going alright. Each state has its rules and everyone has their borders up so no one is allowed to travel interstate. I would say that life is pretty much normal except for the whole social distancing, masks, panic buyers. Where I live, masks mandatory (which should have been implemented from the start) going into certain places such as shopping centres, hospitals, and churches etc. Just small enclosed places and places where you can social distance properly, otherwise you get a fine of $200. As I'm writing this, there have only been 3 cases overnight who have quickly been linked to a cluster and isolated. 

Stay positive and stay safe!

My messages are always open!

- S.