Before the games

Monday 4th October 3:39pm

Dear Diary,
Today is what everyone believes to be the worst day of the year. Harvest Day. It's the day where 2 tributes are selected at random to fight in an arena. I'm really nervous. I'm scared that I'm might be the one that has to join! But I won't think about too much. I'm sure that I won't get picked.

Jayden
xXx

Tuesday 5th October 2:50pm

Dear Diary,
This is a disaster! I'be been chosen as one of the tributes! I don't know what to do, I have to go but I want to be an engineer! But it's just how it's gonna be. By the time I'm writing this, I'm on the train to Ofis. Ofis is full of people that think that they want the lower standards to suffer. They show no sympathy for anyone even kids! This is why I hate the games. I'm going to sleep now to try and take my mind off things.

Jayden
xXx

Wednesday 7th October 5:20pm

Dear Diary,
I just got the score! The lowest is 1 highest is 12. And I got a 5 which is pretty decent. Although I am starting to feel homesick. But I hope everything will go great since my mentor understands what I'm going through! She gave me and my mate tips and tricks for the games! I'm lucky that we're allowed to call our parents before the games! So I call them as many times as I can count and always tell them that I'm going to be ok! Although I really wish I can make it out alive...

Jayden
xXx

Thursday 8th October 3:30pm

Dear Diary,
Now I'm really starting to worry. Tomorrow, the games will begin and their motto is always "It's either Kill or be Killed" Every time I picture my death I get worked up. It's so frightening, I'm too young! I haven't even got to 5th Grade yet I'm out here in the arena about to kill! I just wish the games didn't exist. Tomorrow, the games start and it'll be broadcasted around all 12 standards including Ofis. My mentor told me to try and get as much sleep as possible. She even gave me a little bunny called Palmy! With Palmy by my side, I'm sure I'll make it out. We'll just have to wait and see.

Jayden
xXx