Chapter 2: Shooting stars

Takeyo had finally finished her babysitting duties, she finally left Tatsuki's room after arguing about bedtime. She sighed and slowly slinked down the wall. She hugged her knees to her chest and she put her head down on her knees and looked towards the banister. She started thinking about what Tatsuki said at the dinner table 'All we have is Takeyo and we won't have her for long since she wants to go to UA and become a stupid hero...' None of her siblings had ever told her that they didn't want her to go to UA. It had been her dream since she was little. 'Should I drop the thought of UA? It's for them but is it really worth giving up on my lifelong dream' She thought to herself. Going to UA was one of the only things her parents encouraged her to do. She remembered seeing her Dad smile whenever she mentioned how cool it would be to be a hero. Her thoughts started going a mile per minute before the sound of a creaky door opening got her attention. She wiped away the tears she hadn't noticed before and she looked to her left to see Yamoto standing in his doorway.

" Are you ok T? I heard you hyperventilating." Takeyo's cheeks grew red with embarrassment.

" Ya, I'm fine kiddo, just thinking." She watched Yamoto close his door before he sat next to her.

"About what? You didn't sound fine."

Takeyo thought about how she was going to phrase this. Sure Yamoto was ten and technically older than Tatsuki, but he was sensitive and soft-spoken and she constantly worried about making him uncomfortable. She took a deep breath in to calm herself. "Do you want me to go to UA? It won't hurt my feelings, just be honest." She watched her brother's eyes dart towards the carpet.

"I don't want you to leave and I don't want you to forget about us like Mom and Dad. Sometimes I worry that if you become a hero you might-" He paused for a second. " Get hurt or die." Takeyo heard a small break in his voice when he said 'die'. She scooted closer to him and gave him an awkward side way hug. She thought about what to say. It's not easy to respond to something like that. She just rubbed his back and heard him hold back tears. "What's gonna happen if you go to UA? Who's gonna watch us?" Takeyo finally spoke.

"I told dad that you and Tatsuki shouldn't be in charge since that was hell on me and I didn't want you to go through it, so probably a babysitter or something." A few tears escaped from Yamoto and he buried his face into Takeyo's side. "I know you don't want me to leave. I don't want to move into a dorm or leave you guys either."

"Then why do you still want to go?" His voiced was muffled 

A/N: Oh boy, oh boy it's been a bit. I've been really stressed and stuff recently so I went on hiatus. But now I'm back! Ahhh! no, but seriously this will continue. I'm hoping for two chapters per month.