Preview

Synopsis: Park Jimin was your favorite person in the world, ever since you started working at their company as an assistant choreographer, he's always been there for you, through thick and thin. His existence was comforting in a way you couldn't put in words. He just had that way about him.

What happens when you start realizing that your feelings for your best friend might be much more than you thought? Somehow, everybody except the two of you seem to know exactly what's going on and the both of you couldn't be more oblivious.

Preview: 

Through the eyes of Jeon Jungkook

Jeon Jungkook had spent almost half his life in the company of Park Jimin, yet he was absolutely sure he had never seen him like this; the lighting in the room was haphazardly moving, as if in the confines of a club, and Park Jimin's smile was the fullest he had ever seen. His eyes were crinkled, his head thrown back with the carefreeness and delicacy of a child as he twirled around the room. Jimin was never one to shy away from attention, so it didn't surprise anybody that he was stood in the center of the room, dancing away with you like he didn't care. What did surprise Jungkook was the fact that nobody noticed. Nobody seemed to look at the two people in the middle of the room, hand in hand, laughing hysterically, barely being able to hold each other up, except him.

Friends of the members poured in and out of the rooms, blurring in front of his eyes as he took in another sip of his drink. Despite the chaos and the crowd, and the heat slithering off the bodies, he could easily spot one person, and that was Park Jimin.

Jimin was stood in the middle of the pandemonium, calm as ever, a laugh falling from his lips as he twirled you around in his arms. You were the only two people dancing, and it didn't seem like anybody cared. Everybody was already used to the two of you, but Jungkook could sense something different today...it didn't feel the same as it always did.

You had walked intotheir lives almost a year ago from today, and Jungkook was one of the firstpeople at the company to welcome you with open arms. It was rarer than anythingfor a person their age to be hired at the company, especially a girl. He stillremembered the day you met them, as clear as yesterday. 

The boys had also alwaysassumed it would be a male that would be joining them; since the women theywere usually surrounded with were their makeup and costume artists, and almostalways married or over the age of thirty. It shocked them to no avail to see youwalk into the practice room, your hands tucked into yourself, a cap placedinconspicuously atop your head, your bright eyes glimmering over the top ofyour mask. Jungkook knew then, that he would like you. 

You'd been terrified walking into the practice room, coming face to face with the boys you'd be working with for the months to come. Sondeuk Hyung had comforted you, telling you that there was nothing to be intimidated of, and when you walked in, your eyes landing on each of the member's and their made-up profiles, you wished you'd taken more effort in what you wore that day. They looked immaculate, pristine and perfectly made up, just as you expected them to. 

Your eyes landed on Jungkook first, the soft smile on his face, and it was like all your anxiety faded away, crawling back into its place. He was the opposite of intimidating.

Sondeuk Hyung had introduced you to the members, listing off your achievements one by one, about your training in America, every competition you'd won, every dance tournament you'd topped and Jungkook looked around at the members. 

Jimin had his eyes on you, like there was nobody else in the room, his brows raised in curiosity, his arms crossed as he observed every minute detail about you and a piercing gaze that would have definitely have you uncomfortable. Jungkook's first thought was that either Jimin was  already attracted to you, or absolutely hated you from the get go. 

Jimin and you had hit it off almost instantly, gravitating towards each other as if it were always meant to be, and it was probably because you were a contemporary dancer, had the same sense of humor as him, with the same childlike delight for life. In fact, the members were surprised to hear that you and Jimin didn't start dating - they all expected you to at first, but when they confronted him about it and Jimin burst out laughing at the absurdity of the idea, confessing that you two were just friends, nobody pushed any further. The topic was brought up, and shut down in the first month of your arrival and nobody had ever touched upon it since then.

Now, as Jungkook gulped down the last sip ofbeer watching you with Jimin -- his hand on the small of your waist, the other entwined with yours, fingers clasped as he twirled you around -- he wondered why they'd dropped the topicaltogether. 

thank you for reading! this is the preview of the first chapter. the story will be told through moments in jimin's life over time, when the members around him realized that your feelings for each other were far beyond just platonic. 

stay tuned for the first chapter soon, told through the the eyes of jungkook!