Rockabye

Warning Includes:
Prostitution
Theft

Based of the song above

Hope you enjoy

~~~~~~~~

(Third Person P.O.V)

A cold, dark alley occupies a big city. Living in that alley was a mother and his son.

This mother was America.

He had been abused by his boyfriend and kicked out for being pregnant.

America gave birth and struggled to get money for him and his son. He had stolen food. He's stood on street corners, selling his body to get money.

In the mornings he would sit out on the street with a cup as he held his son close. People would steal from him and kick the cup. Sometimes there would be nice people who would give him food but that was rare.

Today was no different. He sat, wrapped in a blanket with his cardboard sign and cup. It was winter, the coldest time of the year. He shivered, clutching his baby closer to him.

Three people stopped in front of him. One was a tall man with a weird looking hat. The other two were women. One girl with a white striped scarf leaned down and put a twenty dollar bill in America's cup.

The tall man took his hat off and placed it on America's head. He then spoke in a heavy Russian accent. "To keep yourrr head varrm."

"Th-thank you." America held back tears. The girl with the scarf followed the man's lead and wrapped her scarf around America's neck.

America couldn’t hold it back anymore, he broke down. Warm tears leaked from his eyes and dripped onto his baby's head, causing them to cry.

America panicked, moving the blanket to check on his son. The girl who gave him the scarf gasped upon seeing the baby. She turned to the taller man and whispered. "Нет Belarrus. Let's go."

The girl protested as the tall man dragged her away. The other girl stayed behind, taking her beanie off and placing it on the baby's head. She then left.

America watched them leave, he wrapped the end of the scarf around his baby's neck as well. He pulled the blanket back over himself.

The day went on, people dropped change and dollars into the cup but no one was a nice as the three people. America looked up as the sunset, sighing because he knew what he had to do now.

He got up, taking off the clothes above his "work" outfit. America found a safe place and wrapped his baby up in the blanket and the stuff the people left him.

America made his way to his usual street corner and stood there. The cold air bit at his skin causing him to shiver. He staighted out as a car pulled up to him.

The driver unlocked the car doors and signaled for America to get in. He hesitantly got in and was immediately told to get to work.

The American did as told, hating ever part of it but he needed to do this. Even if it breaks him, he needs to do it. For his sweet little baby. The needed to do it to keep the only good thing in his life alive.