One of a kind

Avenger Compound
12:45am

  "Alright. You ready, Nat?" Steve looks to Nat who is putting on her black, Leather jacket. "Yep." He nods his head and opens the door for her.

  They make their way out of the compound and into Steves electric blue, four door jeep, S.H.I.E.L.D was kind enough to provide. He would of gone with a simple and cheap vehicle, but sense S.H.I.E.L.D is providing it and he loves blue, he accepted it.

  "Do you want a boy or a girl?" Nat inquires, breaking the silence as they drive to the orphanage. "Ummm . . " Steve hums in thought, keeping his eyes on the road. "Probably a boy." Nat nods her head as she stares ahead at the road.

  "Thanks for coming with me. I thought having a woman's opinion would . . . help." Steve glances over at Nat  who is smirking at him before he looks back to the road. "It not a problem. I love children." Nat admits. Steve furrows his eyebrows and glances back at her with a small grin.

   She looks at him with a raised brow. "What?" Steve shakes his head and looks back to the road. "Nothing. I just thought -" "Because I'm a Russian Assassin who killed my first person when I was 8 and hardly smiles, that I wouldn't like or be good with children?" She cuts him off. "Well . . . Yeah." He replies as if it's a dumb question. Nat just smirks.

  Saint Frederick's Boys & Girls orphanage
1:32pm

They pull up to the orphanage and park. When they get out the look and see the two story building. It's not fancy but it's not too shabby, either.

  A wooden fence surrounds it as well as a gate with a sement walk, leading to the building. It has a big front porch with a wooden bench and a decent sized front lawn with just one tree.

  Steve opens the wooden gate, and makes his way to the porch with Nat on his heel. He knocks on the white wooden door and waits. He had called in advanced and scheduled an appointment, so they know he'd be coming.

  After a few seconds, the door opens and they're greeted by a thin woman, in her mid 60 wearing a powder blue angel length dress. She has short blonde hair that's greying, framing her face. Her bright green eyes crinkle when she greets them with a kind smile.

  "Hello. You must be Mr. Rogers." She concludes. "Yes ma'am. And this is my friend -" Steve gestures to Nat. "Natasha." He introduces. "Hello, dear. I'm Ms. Mary Simmons but you can call me Mary." The Lady exclaims to Steve and Nat." Nat smiles. "Nice to meet you Mary." Mary smiles.

  "Please. Come on in." She steps aside and opens the door all the way. Steve and Nat step inside as Mary closes the door behind them.

  "Now, please. Fallow me to my office and we can get going on things." Steve and Nat nod their heads as they look around.

  The place is nice and quant. There's a living room with a couch and a love seat sat in front of a coffee table and a decent sized television. Next to it is the kitchen and then the dining room which has two long, wooden dining tables draped with red and white checkered table cloths.

  "Alright." Mary takes a seat behind her desk with a sigh. "You can take a seat if you'd like." She gestures to the two chairs in front of her desk. Steve and Nat oblige and take their seats as Mary pulls out papers and lays them out in front of steve.

  "Okay, Dear. These are the forms you would have to fill out for the adoption. They explain the adoption process and the requirements they need from you." The kindly explains. Steve nods his head and picks up the papers, skimming over them. "Also, the children we have here range from ages 1 to 17 and we have both boys and girls, obviously you know that from our name." She lets out small chuckle. Steve and Nat both smile.