Ch 2

My POV

I waited for them to all go to sleep then snuck out from underneath the blanket that was covering me. I opened my wings and flew up and over then immediately fell because my wings can't hold myself for very long. I hit the floor and accidently woke up Jake who was sleeping in front of Skylar's cage in a sitting position. I looked up at him as he gasped and stared at me in surprise.

I then heard Dr. Hans move a little bit and he was looking at Jake. He then followed the invisible line and saw my wings sticking out from my back. I looked at Dr. Hans and mouthed 'uh oh' then ran behind the medical bed. Dr. Hans said "no, don't run, get back here". I peeked my head from behind the bed to find Dr. Hans looking at me kind of irritated.

That woke up Skylar and I heard her whispering 'oh no' over and over again. She said in her head to me" quick duck down". I ducked down and avoided Doctor's hand that swooped past, grazing my hair. "Run near me" she said and I ran near her which ended up in Doctor colliding with some equipment. "She said "tuck in your wings and hide under the bed". I tucked in my wings then scurried over to the bed. I wiggled my way under the bed and started breathing heavily. "Zhila?" Skylar thought to me once more. "What?" I thought back to her. "I can see Doctor moving around the room looking for a needle and Gary finally waking up, they're looking for you". "You think I didn't know that?" I thought to her. Dr. Hans said "you 2 want to go play outside?" I was snapped outside of my trance when he said that. I made exited yips and repeatedly chirped.

Dr. Hans said"then you got to get out from under the bed." "Wait, Doctor has a bucket and a needle". She kept thinking to me" Dr. Hans told him to put the stuff away" She thought "if you come out you'll be cornered so come out really fast then open your wings and go up". She was telling me the instructions and I lapped up every bit and memorized it. She also thought "once your up, go to your . . . left then go forward, you'll be at my cage so you gave to go to the top of my cage to be safe". I heard her think 'now' then the bed lifted up. I dashed out from under it the snapped open my wings. I flew up then to my left and headed for the top of Skylar's cage.

I landed on her cage and tucked in my wings. Skylar wrote 'what about outside?' then put read out loud and handed it to Jake. "Sir, Skyl- I mean subject 1.1 wants everyone to here this, it wrote 'what about outside?' and that's all it says" said Jake. Dr. Hans nodded his head and said" your right subject 1.1, subject 0.1 got out from under the bed, so you 2 can come outside". My face lit up and Gary said "looks like your excited." I nodded and was practically vibrating with all the excitement. Dr. Hans asked Jake to take Skylar out of the cage and blindfold her. He did and I tensed up then knew what was going to happen.

I thought to Skylar "I know what's happening, they're going to blindfold us so we don't memorize the routes and paths of this place". Skylar heard this and was not so scared. I hopped down and landed perfectly on the floor. I stood still and let Gary blindfold me. I then grabbed onto Gary's shirt and walked with him. He pulled off the blindfold and I saw that we were in a feild that was still in the facility. I spread open my wings and held Skylar' s hand. She spread open her perfectly white wings and I moved mine a little bit to get them adjusted. We then walked backwards and took a running head start.

We both left the ground and started flying a little bit. I was going in circles and Skylar was going everywhere, looking at everything. We were moving and racing each other and swimming in the 4 f.t pool. I was grabbing circles of the water with my powers and would throw them at the sky. They would fall and make a little rainbow. I jumped in and was swimming near the bottom and went to go up but Skylar was blocking me. I gulped the water and didn't die. I was taking in big gulps of water and blowing out air. I felt my neck and there was 2 little slits on each side. I gulped the water and felt the water and felt the water move out from my mouth to the water. I took the air that was in the water and made it breathable for me. I was in there for about 10 minutes before Dr. Hans was looking everywhere for me. I was sleeping at the bottom of the pool when I felt a hand pull me out. I woke up and looked Dr. Hans with at confused look.

He was looking at my neck and I was looking at the pool when I felt Dr. Hans put me back in the water. "Show me" He said " Show me how you breath underwater". I was completely submerged in the water when I took a mouthful of water and swallowed it. I then looked at Dr. Hans as his eyes got wider and wider. I was swimming around in the pool when Gary and Dr. Hans came back to the pool. "Show him" said Dr. Hans. I showed Gary and Gary was looking at me in shock. I was swimming around the pool when Skylar jumped in and we were chatting because we both could breath underwater. We were chatting when Jake came up and from behind them and looked at us. We looked up at all 3 of them and waved at the same time. We were really something.

 We were really something