𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧|𝟏

The sight of flashing lights blinded me as I stood frozen, facing the entry of a site I never could have imagined seeing. I felt my whole body tense up when I saw what was occurring before my eyes. Streaks of blood. His blood. Were splattered across the front window of his house. The three coroners looked up at the view of me, shook their heads and got back to bagging up his body. I wanted to scream. To cry. My eyes had started to water but I could not let the river flow. Turning away from the site was even harder. It was as if my feet had been nailed to the ground and I could not move. 

Standing by the window was probably one of the worst decisions I have made.

I took a deep breath, slumping in my chair, waiting for the interrogator to enter the room.

 It didn't take long before he was sitting in the chair straight across from mine, folding his hands on to the table between us.

"Let's get right into this."

He spoke with a stern and raspy voice, but he didn't fall short of the control he had over me when he got straight to the point. The interrogator addressed his name as Mark and proceeded to go over the recording process of this session. As Mark was talking to me, I got a very uncanny feeling to my right side, which was where a tinted window sat that peered into the lobby. The feeling began to become stronger to where I eventually gave in and took a glance. That's when I saw him. I couldn't remember his name or where I know him from but I know those dark mysterious eyes that were glued on me. His smile and the look he was giving me didn't match. His smile seemed to be a genuine and welcoming smile, but his eyes were hiding something within them. 

His outfit and figure was somewhat appealing to the eye because I found myself studying his black V-cut tux and long black dress pants. Unintentionally, I looked back up and that's when I locked eyes with him. It was the most spine-chilling feeling I had ever witnessed. I collected myself together and turned my attention back to Mark, who had a look of confusion plastered across his face. He looked as if he was waiting for an answer from me, but I had not heard what he had asked.

I spoke up.

"I'm sorry, did you ask me something?"

Mark cleared his throat.

"Yes, where were you prior to this incident?"

I straighten my posture out and look him in the eye.

"Driving home from work, I got off around 6:30. They let me off at 6:00, but I declined and helped clean up."

"If you don't mind me asking, where do you work?"

"Bearden's Family Diner. It's off the corner of Rockside Road."

I watched Mark put his pen-to-paper and start jotting down everything I was saying. Words that could be used in the future.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 23-"

I said it with a sarcastic tone as he cut me off.

"What's your date-of-birth?"

"April 22nd, 1997."

"Can I please see your driver's license?"

Without question, I pull it out of my bag and hand it to him. That's when he called in two investigators to search my bag for any evidence. It didn't bother me though, I had nothing to hide.

"How long have you known him for?"

I took a shaky breath, thinking about the situation.

"About 4 years."

"Okay.. and what's your relationship to him?"

I was hesitant to answer his question. After a long pause,

I look up.

"I'm his ex significant other."

a/n: hey guys thank you so much for reading the first chapter! I worked really hard to make it as good as I could. If you liked it, please let me know! As far as publishing, I will let you guys know through conversations when the next chapter will be up (very soon!) 

anyways, thank you so much and let me know what you think. 

-jordan