kit walker♡︎

credit: evandearest (tumblr) go follow them:)

cookies

warnings:babies?

word count: 987

Everyone always talked and warned about pregnancy and the symptoms that would come with it

Everyone always talked and warned about pregnancy and the symptoms that would come with it. Nausea, contractions, dizziness, and cravings were often listed. But no one spoke of the fact that they could last on even after the pregnancy.

You sat on the couch of your little home, listening to the small radio. It had been about two weeks since you had given birth to your little girl, and you were still in recovery, as much as you hated it. There wasn't much you could do around the house, but even the stuff you could do, your husband wouldn't let you. Kit insisted that you needed rest, as much as you'd tell him you were fine.

Your best friend, Lana Winters, had helped you through most of your pregnancy when Kit had to work and couldn't be around. She was a writer, so often times she would just come over and write while keeping an eye on you. She was ecstatic about your pregnancy, and had done so much for you.

You smiled as you thought about your best friend, and then on the thought of her, you remembered that she had dropped cookies off yesterday morning as a little treat. You yearned for one of those cookies, your pregnancy cravings were still somewhat there, so you often had sudden urges for different types of foods.

You got up off of the couch and walked into the kitchen, wrapping your blanket closer around yourself. You got over to the cookie jar and opened it, only to find it empty. Your eyebrows furrowed and you groaned, frustration settling within you. One of those cookies was yours!

"Kit!" You yelled, stalking towards your bedroom. You opened the door, but he wasn't in there. You closed the door and thought for a moment, before shouting his name again.

"In here," you heard Kit call, and followed his voice to your daughters bedroom.

"Kit Walker, I swear to God," you said while opening the door. "You promised me a cookie!"

But as soon as you laid eyes on him, all of your frustrations and ill wills towards him vanished.

Kit was sitting in the rocking chair of your daughters room, rocking back and forth gently as your little baby girl peacefully slept in his arms. Kit was looking at you with wide eyes, while trying to hide his guilty smile.

"I'm sorry, baby," he said, "I can go to the store and get some more." You laughed, smiling at him fondly.

"No need," you said, slowly walking towards him. "My desire for sweetness has just been filled." He chuckled, smiling bashfully, before returning his attention back to your baby.

"I just can't stop admiring her," he said, smiling as he looked down at her. You walked to the side of the chair, gazing down at her as well. "She's so beautiful. And to know that we made her." He let out a breathless laugh and craned his head up to look at you. You swore you could feel your heart melting.

"I know," you said, smiling down at him. "I can't believe it either."

Suddenly, the little girl started stirring. She began to whine, and Kit immediately started rocking again. He shushed her and patted her bottom. You smiled down at your little family warmly. Kit was such a great father.

She quickly fell back to sleep again, and Kit stood up slowly, before putting her in her crib. He turned to you and grabbed your hand, leading you out of the room. Once you were out of the room, he closed the door and then turned to you.

"How are you feeling?" He asked before wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I'm fine, Kit," you said, rolling your eyes. "I'm not the baby in this house." You wrapped one arm around his neck and cupped his jaw with the other.

"Fine, fine, sheesh," he said, laughing softly. He kissed your forehead before pulling away. You looked at him with a confused expression, watching as he walked into the kitchen.

You followed him, and watched him curiously as he rummaged through cabinets without saying anything. Finally, you decided to ask.

"What are you doing?"

He looked over his shoulder at you, smiling softly. "I'm makin' you cookies."

You rolled your eyes, but giggled at him. He was a great husband, too.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

It was late in the evening now, and you and Kit had a nice dinner before sharing the cookies he (so sweetly) made for you. You then watched a movie before going to bed. You two slept peacefully in each others arms, until being suddenly awoke by a loud cry.

You groaned, turning over to get out of bed. Just as you were about to pull the covers off, a hand on your arm stopped your movements.

"I've got her, she probably just needs a diaper change," he said, getting out of bed.

"Kit, it's not a big deal," you said, going to get out of bed.

"No!" Kit said sternly, looking at you with raised eyebrows. "It is a big deal, you need to rest. I'll do it." He didn't give any room for argument, leaving the room right after.

You sighed, laying back. About ten minutes later, Kit returned to the room, and climbed back into bed.

"Diaper?" You asked, snuggling into his chest as he wrapped his arms around you.

"Yep," he replied, sighing.

You sighed too, breathing in his scent as you felt your eyes get heavy again.

Right before you were about to fade into the state of sleep, you heard Kit speak.

"I love you so much, baby, you don't even know."

"I love you, too, Kit," you said sleepily, smiling against his chest.

And then you fell asleep, thinking about how lucky you were to have found a guy like Kit.♡︎