Chapter One

Winter

I was sitting in my office when I got a phone call.

"Hello this Winter, may I help you?" I said.

"Yeah let me get the chicken legs, a biscuit and a small mashed potatoes." The caller said.

"Elis, listen, this is not the damn KFC. What the fuck?" I said.

"Oh girl, please! I was just messing with your ass." He said.

"Well you know that I don't have lunch for another hour and you don't want the boss to be checking the calls again." I said.

"Tsk, man please the nigga probably getting screwed by his secretary again, shit but anyways can I take you out later?" Ellis said.

"Now you know damn well I have a boyfriend. So that would be a No. If I go anywhere it will probably be either with Jessica or Tammy." I said.

"Yeah right. But anyways when you hit lunch, hit my phone cuz, we have to have lunch, were coworkers shit.. what the hell can your man do about that." Ellis said.

"Bye Ellis" I said.

"Bye Winnnterrrr!" He said.

Now you would think that it would be a typical day at work and guess what? It is!!

One hour later....

I ended up meeting my boyfriend to lunch at the Burger King, sorry I was hungry as hell! I skipped breakfast.

"So babe, how was your day?" I asked sitting down with my food.

"It was pretty good very productive." He said.

I took a deep breath and looked down.

"What's up with you today?" He asked.

As I took a bite of my chicken sandwich. I looked at him and he looked like he barely wanted to talk, like something was bothering him.

"Well, I have to go and clean my father's house out either tonight or tommorrow. I mean its Friday so." I said.

"Omg baby, I completely forgot about that. They are supposed to be selling it right?" He asked.

"Yeah in about two months after they renovate it. I'm so upset right now, baby." I said.

"Is Jessica coming to help you?" He asked.

" No babe, you know I like to do this by myself." I said.

"Well yeah but anyways babe, I have to get back to the office soon. I will be coming by the house but I'm going to be late." He said.

"Uhh no. Just come by tommorrow. And I'll let you know when I'm finished with my father's house." I said.

"Okay baby, I'll call you later." He said.

"Okay." I said.

After lunch, I parked my car in the parking garage of the office. I thought about my relationship and how boring it was. There was just no life, no feeling, it's like we were just friends with benefits. I'll treat him out or he would treat me out, nothing fancy of course! And we just fuck in different parts of the house and then it's like a two week break in between besides work. I just felt like the relationship got stale and now that my father's death is taking me down, you would think that my boyfriend would be more sensitive but it's never been like that. I feel like I met him on a hum bum.

"What's a hum bum?" It's like I feel like when I couldn't get anyone, I just randomly picked someone, a one night stand was how that started at a nightclub, in the damn car. And I just feel like three years worth of this, I am not at a happy place.