Chapter Five

When I got home it was real late, like ten-thirty. I pulled out everything including the safe and brought the safe into the living room. I took a deep breath as I heard the wind starting to pick up and the rain start to pour harder. I didn't call Eric because I needed sometime to breathe and study.

I warmed up something to eat and some tea. I was still chilly from the car turning cold on a warm spring day. I lit my fireplace and sat on my fluffy pillows and took a deep breath. My heart was thumping through my chest as if it was going to come out my throat.

I started with my Father's notebook named 'Identified Lost Love'.

Inside the book at pictures of him in Moscow from the beginning, him standing by statues and buildings. It was good to see him smile, I missed that a lot. I turned through a few more pages until there was a notebook entry dated 1975 inside it read:

1975 August 25th

"Here is my third day of vacationing to Moscow and I must say that me and my buddies are enjoying it. One night, we were at a bar celebrating my birthday, and one of the guys had mentioned that he found something earlier, but would not mention it until we all left the bar.

We left and sat in the car and he explained that he seen something haunting earlier near the graveyard but he didn't know what it was besides bright red eyes lurking near those woods. We picked a night to see if we found anything and one of my members found a deep tomb with the door opened. Within that length of time, a dense fog draped around us and we knew it was something of an interesting discovery.'

As I turned the page, I felt a cold chill run down my spine. Who knew that my father had actually found something but what was it?

'1975 August 26th

'Tonight we set back out to the graveyard. Me and the guys were locked and loaded. We had weapons like knives, guns, bullets, even one of my so called men, carried a crucifix with him. I kinda laughed at that but I got serious once we got in there. We each had flashlights as we walked into the tomb, it smelled rotten like burned flesh and old blood. There's a set of stairs located to our left and we each took a turn down them. As we entered, the walls had encrypted words and weird symbols leading down the stairs. I took a few pictures with the camera, as we got down to the floor.

The hall was very dark and the walls looked very dry and old like this area been down here for centuries. As we reached toward the hallway there was a double door that was chained up and had a lock on it. Two of my men took there tools and was able to break the chains. The smell got worse and the fog got worse as it whooshed past us in full speed, knocking us on the floor. We I looked up me and four of my guys were okay but when we looked for the other guy... he was missing!

We hear a faint screaming and ran further down the hall to see something in the distance and our guy screaming and choking. When we got closer whatever was choking him flung him over our heads and hit the wall so hard, we heard a few bones crackle and then his body landed on the ground. We looked where the figure was standing and whatever it was, disappeared.

We knew our guy was dead because he neck looked like it was broken in three places and a huge chunk of his neck was gone. Blood was coming from his neck, his eyes and his mouth. His eyes were bloodshot red and wide open.

One of my men loaded his shot gun and then we heard a faint laugh in the distance. Like whoever this was thought this was funny. We kept walking and hearing the faint giggles and laughs as the shift in the air changed again. One of my men noticed a chamber and went to pick at it. Once he put his tools in there, a huge metal trap smashed into his body, crashing his bones all at once and his blood seeped through.