Chapter 7

In the morning I realized that I was sleeping on Luca's shoulder. I do not even remember that I fell asleep here with him last night. I slowly pulled away from him and looked at him. He was sleeping peacefully and sighed softly. I was watching him fo a while and noticed some tattoos he had on his hands. I'm not sure if this was right. It's true that they are being nice to me for now but they are still in mafia. Something is telling me, that I should not let them close to me, especially to not fall asleep next to Luca.

I quietly get off the bed and take my clothes with me to the bathroom where I lock the door behind me. I wash my face with cold water and look at myself in the mirror. I look much better. I brushed my teeth and my hair.

When I come back to the room, Luca was not in the bed anymore. I slowly came upstairs and outside. Luca was sitting with his uncle Franco outside at the table, while Matteo was driving the yacht.

"Good morning" I said.

Luca turns to me and gives me a small smile. "Good morning, are you hungry? We have a food here" he said.

"Kind of, yes, thank you. I will take it with me to the front of the yacht, I don't want to disturb you" I say and take some fruit and yoghurt on the plate.

"You are not disturbing us. You can stay here" Luca said and looked at Franco. Franco looked up at me and smiled. "I have to make a call anyway, so it doesn't matter" he said and walks back inside.

Luca looks back at me. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you that you helped me to calm down but I think we should not be in the same room together again" I said and took a sip of water.

Luce smiled a bit and nods. "Why not?"

I look at him and raise my eyebrow. "Because you are still a stranger to me"

"Alright I get it. I admit that I did not want to get off the bed anymore and then I fell asleep as well" he nodded.

"Okay" I finished my breakfast. "When will we arrive to the Amalfi Coast?"

"In a few minutes. When we arrive, we will put our bags to the hotel and go to a bar. We have a meeting there" he said.

"So I can stay at the hotel?" I asked.

"It would be better like that" he agrees.

"And you will do some business with another mafia there?"

"Something like that" he said.

"Is that the Naples mafia?"

"No. With them we would not be normally in the bar like that. But I don't want you to go out of the hotel, for your safety. I will leave one of my bodyguards there, just in case" he said.

"Then wouldn't it be better if I go with you?" I asked.

"No, this will be more safe"

I sighed and take a sip. "What exactly are your plans with me now? You said that now I'm your responsibility and that you want to protect me from Naples mafia. So until that time I will just sit around at hotels or your villa?"

"For now probably yes, we will see" he said.

"Mhm, great" I sighed.

Luca looked at me and smiled a bit. "When we will get rid off the Naples mafia, you will be able to go back home".

"And when do you think this will happen?" I asked.

"Soon. We just have to discuss the details and what will we do" he nods.

"I don't have a good feeling from the fact that I'm here with someone who kills people" I said and put a blanket around me as it was a bit windy.

"That's what it's like in mafia. It's not always about killing others, but it usually ends up like that" he said and stands up from the table.

"Where are you going?"

"To Matteo" he said and goes on the stairs outside to Matteo.

I look around myself and see how we are getting closer to the Amalfi Coast. It looks beautiful and the houses are build on the hills like in Positano. I still don't know what to think and this situation makes me feel lightheaded and my thoughts are running through my mind nonstop.

Can I really trust them? Or is this all some kind of lie and they have some bad plans with me. You should never trust mafia, but the story that Luca told me about my father and the change of my surname sounded too real to me.

"I see that you are not that crazy anymore" Luca's uncle Franco takes me back to reality from my thoughts.

"I think that I don't even have a choice so what can I do" I say. He smiled a bit and sits down in front of me.

"You know, Luca could honestly send you back to Prague and don't care about you, because we now know that you know nothing about your father, so you are basically useless to us" he said.

"Then why are you keeping me here?" I asked.

"Probably because as Luca said, he doesn't want the Naples mafia to find you and kill you, which surprised me because normally he doesn't care about anyone, especially about strangers" he said.

"What are you trying to tell me then?"

"Just that you should be careful. Luca will try to make sure nothing will happen to you as you can see, but we don't need more trouble that would slow us down from getting rid off the Naples mafia" he said, watching me.

"I'm not here by choice. So if I bother you here, I will be happy to leave" I say and raise my eyebrow.

"I know that. I'm just saying that it would be better if you will listen to us. Otherwise you could give us more problems" he said and stands from the table.

He just gives me a small smile and goes back inside. I don't know what to really think now, but it looks like Franco is not really happy about me being here. Probably like me. Anyways, I will see what is still waiting for me.

After while we arrive to the coast. Luca opened the door for me to the car and we started to drive to the hotel.

"You are quiet" Luca said while looking out of the window.

"I have nothing to say. I'm just here with you as some slave" I said.

Luca turns to me. "You know thatI said that once this is all over, you can go back-"

"Back home I know, but it can be in weeks and I can't keep this in secret from my mum and my boss for much longer and keep saying why I still did not come back" I said.

"I understand, but even if it would take longer, you will think of something to tell them" he said.

"Like this I will just loose my job that I really like and finally started to do well, before you kidnapped me" I said.

"We can't always get what we want" he said.

I look at him. "Now you will pretend to be a heartless mafia man?" Luca looks back at me. "As you said, it will be better if we have some boundaries between each other and we won't be friends".

"Okay" I said and look back out of the window. It is true that I said that, but why suddenly Luca went from nice to cold.

Because he is in mafia. My subconscious mind reminded me to wake up. This man cannot be nice, he is used to kill. I already told myself that I won't trust him easily, so that still counts.