五つ

five

"never ever mistake her silence for weakness. remember that sometimes the air stills, before the onset of a hurricane."
-nikita gill

tanjiro didn't know what was happening to him

tanjiro didn't know what was happening to him. he was completely fine when the majestic girl was fighting with all her might, but suddenly once she acknowledged his existence his words became scrambled. his heart was thumbing so thunderously in his chest he thought it was loud enough that she could hear it as well, which she did. but she wouldn't embarrass him since she embarrassed herself first.

the burgundy haired male blinked, noticing y/n standing uncomfortably. a bright vermilion hue expanded across his cheeks as he bowed lowly, "please forgive me! i-i didn't mean to stare at you for so long."

the princess suppressed a giggle with the back of her hand, so this was the tanjiro urokodaki-san was speaking of. he bore a blue cloud printed haori similar to his teacher, with dark hakama pants wrapped with tan strings. a white fox mask hanged from the right side of his head partly covering—what y/n could decipher as—a burn mark.

"it's fine buddy, it's not everyday you see someone as irresistibly ravish as me." she grinned widely, delighted. "i am y/n l/n of the west. it seems that fate has brought us together finally, kamado tanjiro." y/n spoke with stentorian, a fake last name and title left her lips effortlessly.

he tilts his head, before nodding. "nice to meet you, l/n-san. may i ask why you do know my name?"

y/n pivots her feet to the direction where she left her haori, motioning the male to follow her. "well, your sensei seemed to be very fond of you. so he told me a little too much of yourself." her voice held playfulness as she sat down comfortably against a tree. tanjiro couldn't help but to smile, plotting next to her but not too close.

the young adult smelled no malicious intentions around her aura, so he supposed that she was an ally. or maybe a guardian angel, he wanted to think both. his eyes couldn't help themselves to shortly gaze at her peculiar outfit, it must be something normal in her village he thought. "how is he?"

"grouchy and old." she stated casually. her fingers skillfully and gently unravel the haori, presenting many small bento boxes. tanjiro felt his stomach almost growl in hunger, but his respectful nature stopped him from saying anything. even so, y/n was a humble girl, so she dropped two boxes on his lap.

his eyes widened, "w-wha-"

"i can just feel that you're going to reject it but don't. i'm not a monster." she waved him off. "it seems that we're going to be together for the rest of these days, so we should get to know each other."