𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

JORDAN A

JORDAN A. BANKS.
𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙲𝙰𝙶𝙾, 𝙸𝙻.

It was Saturday night where Jordan laid in bed not doing anything but enjoying music from her noise cancellation AirPods in her completely dark room.

It'd been a few weeks since Jordan been at Simeon and so far she likes it. Gotti and the boys were better friends than the ones back in Memphis, the classes weren't bad either as she was able to understand the work and felt comfortable enough to ask for questions if she needed to. She was still hesitant about her environment but she realized academically the school is actually good.

Jordan also hasn't fought yet, which makes her proud. In comparison to when she fought her freshman year during the first week for going back and forth with a sophomore who was talking about Lani and she wasn't about to let that slide, not her.

Jordan has been getting side eyes from a few people because of the boys. She expected it since they are gang members and rap at the same time but she truly has nothing to do with that. Jordan views them as her friends, not a black disciple.

The lights in her room began to flick on and off, making her lift her head up to look at to the door seeing Jalani holding a family size bag of nacho cheese Doritos.

Jordan grins at Jalani, laying her head back down on her pillow. "Wassup gangnem." She yawned shortly after.

"Girl not shit eatin these Doritos, you look beat." Jordan sat up, shaking her head as she thought of an answer.

"Cause I am. Had to chase L'a around the gym just to get my damn work back cause I had the answers. Got them folks looking at me crazy." Jalani laughed. 

"I ain't even done. Them folks think I mess with Tay and L'a like huh? Not only do y'all think I mess with one, but two? Absolutely not. Nana neva raised a hoe." Jordan face scrunched up, getting riled up all over again.

"Girl," Jalani paused due to her laughing again. "Calm down stinkabutt it's okay. Tay and L'a seem fine to me tho they never messed with me in any way."

"Leave your snacks by them and watch yo shit not last two seconds Lani. The teachers even be looking at me crazy cause of them. I don't even have a set bro. I bang sleep!" Jalani held onto her Jordan with one hand and her other arm wrapped around her stomach, struggling to stop laughing.

"Okay." Jalani breathes, wiping her eyes that held a few tears. "Jb stop forreal, but you cool with them?"

Jordan nods. "I ain't have this many friends in Memphis now there's boys who would do anything for me. JB and I are the best duo, Rondo and Tay cool too we just be driving around making jokes, fake songs, and playing games. They all fun to me."

Jalani smiled, "What about L'a?"

"Listen bro, if annoying was a person, it's L'a. His ass always got a smart remark for when I say stuff so I be eating him up every time. It got bad one time that the teacher made us step outside and apologize because she knows we're actually nice to each other." Jordan laughed. "But besides that and trying to eat up all my snacks or be all up in my phone, he ight."