Chapter 1: heiress

Kōri boredly wandered around the halls of the castle, every now and then feeling the velvet curtains, today was the day, it was the day that Toa's "surprise" was gonna happen. Kōri was worried though, what could this be about? Surely this isn't about Kōri being heiress, Toa just wasn't mature enough to rule yet, the kingdom had been without rulers for a year or two now, and Kōri hasn't felt ready.. till now. "Kōri!" A familiar voice called to the black haired girl. "Hey Toa" She said to her energetic little sister. "You ready for your surprise?!" Toa giggled excitedly. "Toa.. if this is about being heiress I-" she was interrupted by Toa grabbing her wrist and dragging her down the hall, Kōri tried not to trip, or accidentally freeze her sister out of shock, Kōri had learned to control her powers before her parents laid in their death beds. Yet, she always wondered, what illness had found Elsa and Mulan? Fatally blacking their hearts? This Kōri may never know, but she hoped to find out.       Toa had dragged Kōri outside, to the stadium, a grand stone and marble theatre, with velvet seats, all having a great view of the event, the stone and marble reached into the sky, surrounding the little structure gorgeously. Elsa and Mulan had this built when the girls were born, to show them beauty and the best of the world, before they knew the bad. Toa lifted Kōri onto the stage, her strange little sister giggled "can you bring the guests with your magic?" Toa smiled gleefully. "If it'll make you happy?" Kōri mumbled as she shot her icy magic to the sky, creating a gorgeous snowflake shaped burst, then, villagers started entering the grand hall, and taking their seats. "Ladies and gentlemen! Children of all ages!" Toa shouted suddenly, she always had a loud voice. "Today is the day of my little surprise for Kōri! A battle!" The crowd cheered as Toa said battle. 'Battle? Why?' Kōri thought. "Today's match! Me against Kōri! For the throne!" The crowed cheered ever so loudly. Kōri was stunned, then pushed Toa out of the way lightly. "No. I will not battle for the throne, our mothers wanted me, Kōri, princess of ice, to rule, if they had wanted Toa to rule, they would have told her. Toa, if you were to become queen, what would you even do to benefit our community." Kōri said, her voice cold and mature. "I-I-" Toa stuttered, turning red with embarrassment and shame. "Then, this was a waste of everybody's time. Go home." She commanded the villagers, then turning to Toa, who fiddled with her curly hair, shamefully. "What were you thinking?! We can't battle for the throne!" Kōri started, angered "do you have any idea what the villagers would have thought if you won?!" Kōri yelled. "N-no.. b-but.." Toa stammered, she hadn't ever been yelled at by her sister "NO BUTS!" Kōri shouted, the ground below turning to Ice with rage "you are not ready!" Kōri scoffed, then walked off, angered.