Chapter 1.

"I have something to tell you." Ty said dropping on the couch facing me. I picked up the remote, turned off the tv and gave him my undivided attention. He gave me a small smile and my heart sunk. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to go wrong.

Ty had been my best friend since the start of high school. He stood up for me when I was being harassed by some guys at our school because I was small. I'm only 5'2", blonde and lean. Most of the guys my age were significantly taller than me and liked making fun of me.  But after Ty stood up for me that day they stopped. He's bigger than most guys and after spending some time together we bonded over the fact that I had no siblings and my parents were always traveling for work and him only living with his grandmother after his parents died, he also didn't have siblings so we just hung out. He is my brother. Even if we don't share DNA.

His grandmother liked me and I liked being around them. It beat the empty house and take out every night. Even after his grandma died a few years back we stuck together. After high school we got an apartment together and his grandmother, bless her heart, had put money aside for his college.  So we applied to the same school and got jobs to pay for our food and rent. I was really happy. But now the look in his eyes made me not want to know what he was about to say.

"So you know Lisa, right?" He asked the obvious causing me to frown in confusion.

"Lisa, your girlfriend for two years?"

"Yes." He looked down fiddling with his fingers. I bit the inside of my cheek in anticipation.

"Ty, what is going on you're starting to scare me." I said nervously.

"I'm sorry there's just no easy way to say this." He paused causing me to panic.

"Spit it out already!"

"Okay, we've been dating for a while and we got to talking and we want to take our relationship to the next level so, we looked for a place and I'm moving out."  He rambled.

My face was neutral but inside I was freaking out. How the fuck could he do this to me? We've been best friends since the first year of high school now he's leaving me. I know this sounds selfish but I can't help it. We went to the same school because we promised to always stick together. And I can't afford this place and eat. Now I have to look for a someone else a complete stranger to live with while he just leaves me. The lease on this place is under my fucking name I can't leave without losing money.

Shit.

"Hey, hey, don't freak out I'm not leaving you.  We won't move far and I know you can't afford this place on your own so I'm a step ahead of you and I found someone perfect. He's from my computer science class I've known him a while and he's not a bad guy. He moved out of the dorms now he's looking for a place. I promise you'll like him." He explained.

"Really?" I asked skeptically.

"Yes, I wouldn't be moving if I didn't take care of everything first."

Suddenly I felt bad for thinking he'd abandon me.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

"It's okay, I get it. I remember our promise. I won't leave you no matter whom I'm with." He said hugging me.

"When are you leaving?"

"Next week."

I nodded. "I'm happy for you, despite my freak out."

He chuckled.