CHAPTER 5

Months had passed since that which the media called “the warehouse murders.” Few months and everyone, including the police, was still completely clueless as to who was responsible. Rumours had it that the Capetonians had ordered the hit on Dash because he was interfering with their profits. The young boy killed just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Another rumours had it that Dash had robbed some Big Five out of Hilbrow awhile back, and they’d finally caught up with him, partly in thanks to the dead boy. There were many rumours, all of which pleased Casslin because they were all far from the truth. Just few days after his 19th birthday, Casslin sat in the driver’s seat of a new cherry blue Mercedes Benz C class, his birthday present from Simone.

Monique had received a safety deposit box for Simone to store the jewels that they’d taken from Dash. They still didn’t know how much they were worth. Casslin and Simone both agreed that the cocainne should be moved as quickly as possible. They placed each small bags R30 000. With them having 100 smaller boxes, they were looking at a street value of R68.7million. Combined with the cash they’d also stolen, they were sitting comfortably on more than R22 million. Yet no one had a clue. The car was the only thing they’d purchased. Simone was still spending the few thousand rands she saved from her and Casslin’s hustling days.

Casslin turned his head and spoke to the young nigga in the passenger seat.

Tido was the often mistaken for a pretty boy due to his light skin and neat braids.

“You think these niggas official?” Casslin asked.

“I know they are nigga. You just paranoid as fuck. We good!”

Tido was 19 and fresh on the scene from Cape Town. His reason for moving to Eldorado Park was that he’d just graduated from high school and wanted a life where it didn’t snow. 

That’s what he told everyone. Casslin knew better, thanks to Simone.

Tido’s real name was Brett Robinson. He fled from Cape because of his role in a dismantled drug ring. According to the streets news, Tido was a top-ranking figure in what he called the largest drug ring he’d seen in his career.

The ring reportedly trafficked hundreds of bags of pills a week, along with few of kilos of cocaine and other dugs along the coast. After learning that bit of information, Casslin thought that the guy must have had a short career. He knew of individuals that moved more work than that. At least he knew one.

“I ain’t paranoid by a long shot. I’m just careful.”

“Come on,” Tido said, getting out of the car, as the other car entered the parking lot.

“You, Tony, what’s good, my nigga?” Tido greeted the first of the two men as they approached.

“Life, nigga. What’s good on your end?”

“Everything. What’s the deal, Tony?” Tido greeted the other dude.

“Maintaining ... maintaining.” Tony said, nodding his head.

“Let’s do this, niggas,” Frank said, shifting his attention to Casslin.

Casslin’s hands were in his pockets. His right hand gripped tightly to his pistol.

“What you got for us?” Sleep asked.

“What you got for me?” Casslin returned the question.

Tony smiled and nodded his approval. He went back to his car and pulled a tote bag from the backseat.

“It’s all there,” Tony said, as he tossed the bag to Casslin, who caught it with his left hand.

After looking in the bag, Casslin picked up his phone and dialled a number.