2.

A/N I wanted to change this chapter because I felt like this version was better.

Normani's Pov

"Yea, Lani told me, and sorry about that... his lost, though," she said with a grin and moved even closer. I felt my face heat up. "It was nice seeing you tho and meeting your friends but, Solana and I have to get going," I said, grabbing Solanas arm getting up. Solana looked at me with a "Bitch are crazy" look.

Megan's smile dropped into a little pout, and she got up with me. "okay, I'll walk yall out," she said, following us out the club. Oh my god, this is so awkward.

Mainly because I was the reason our... situationship? Relationship? Whatever one would call it ended. I honestly didn't know why she was so nice. I guess that's the main thing that creeped me out. The last time I saw her, I didn't think she would ever talk to me again, and I definitely didn't blame her.

~SENIOR Year In Highschool~

"I don't understand why your hiding me if you claim to be my girlfriend... Just be honest, are you embarrassed to be seen with me?" Megan said with tears brimming in her eyes. I was still silent, sitting at the edge of my bed with my cheerleading skirt on but no top. "Meg, you don't understand..." I said quietly, not looking up because I knew I would start crying.

"Then help me understand WHAT THE FUCK!" Megan yelled; when I didn't say anything, she starts to grab her things. Just when she was about to reach out to my bedroom doorknob, I said, "Meg, please... I'm sorry.. I j-just can't".

            Megan walked over to me with her bookbag on her shoulder with a look that says if I didn't love you, I would kill you. "Can't what, Normani?" she said with so much anger. "Meg, what will people say about you... about us?" I said, finally making eye contact. "Normani, who fucking cares?" she said, dropping her bookbag and getting to my eye level. "I love you, Meg, but we can't tell anyone, at least not right now," I said, looking at her, just letting a tear fall. I've been telling her that for years now, and I knew it would come up again.

          Megan was my first, and I was hers. I promised her I wouldn't hide our relationship anymore. Nothing is really stopping me from telling everyone. My parents were somewhat supportive, mainly my mom, but my dad never really liked Megan, and hers were very supportive. My real friends knew about her and me. Her two friends knew about me too. 

        But I see them pick on Megan, and I don't think I'm ready for that, nor was I ready to face my father or the truth about my sexuality. Megan wanted to so badly make our situation public to everyone after being together secretly for basically five years we started after eighth grade. She, in her words, "couldn't wait to show how she got the most beautiful girl in the world." Especially after she saw Quincy hitting on me at lunch, I didn't stop him but only encouraged him somehow. I know I was stupid but, it stopped people spreading around that Megan and I were talking. "You know what, Normani... Let's end this..." Megan said, grabbing her book bag again and facing the wall. I snapped my head up and ran over to her. Holding her tightly from the back. "No, No, NO! NO! Just no" was all I could manage to say.

"Normani, I love you with all of my being but, you will not make me feel like I shouldn't be shown off by someone who claims they love me... It took a lot in me to love me for me, and to find out the person who helped me get to that point was also embarrassed even to be seen with me hurts so much," she said, facing me with tears coming down nonstop. I couldn't believe it. I was losing my best friend and lover. That is very hard to find, and I had it and completely and stupidly let it go. She was right; I'm such a bitch. She left a lingering kiss on my forehead and left my house.