final author's note.

hey there !

i want to thank you for reading up to this point. it really means a lot to me that you read my book.

i'm glad that you had the time to read exactly 14700 words aha 😤

i honestly was never planning to write that much for this – but i'm glad i did. i tried to fit everything i could, making sure to pace it properly and uncover the characters. even though it was only two chapters, i think i did a good job.

if anyone plays the trumpet please message me if i wrote anything that was wrong... i used my limited amount of brass knowledge when i wrote this ahah. i only play some piano and a bit of violin so this was way out of my comfort zone.

originally, i had a plan of doing this book in more than two chapters, that's for sure. but i realised that there was too little plot to work with... at least in the time frame i gave myself.

i do believe that two chapters was enough though. i'm happy and hopefully you are too.

i also never really mentioned what Kaiya-chan's appearance was. i really wanted it to be from your own mind - i gave her a name and a personality... which hopefully you could come up with how she looks. if that makes sense... lolol.

fun fact: i had Kaiya as (f/n) [friend's name] at first, but then changed it because it just looked weird. Kaiya also means 'forgiveness' in Japanese.

going back to my original plan; i was going to make the entire second chapter about [name]'s stay in the hospital and how the characters find out and react to her condition. i had planned for atsumu to actually give up his love for [name] in the end; and have [name] to never remember what he had done for her.

i love writing these types of angsty stories because they really tug at my heartstrings. i also love reading them too hehe

i also hoped that you listened to the songs that were attached to each chapter. they were honestly the source of the whole idea of the book. hopefully this book did justice to all songfics out there...

please leave a comment if you'd like giving your opinion on the story or even just anything you want. i'd really want to hear what you think about it.

my first draft started on the 31st of October 2020 and after a month and a bit... here it is published. i'm kind of proud of myself for publishing a lot more books than i has originally expected from myself. aha.

thank you once again for reading,
hope to see you around soon :)

— @mochiaus / mai-chan.