𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓'𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐘

But in a solitary life, there are rare moments when another soul dips near yours, as stars once a year brush the earth

But in a solitary life, there are rare moments when another soul dips near yours, as stars once a year brush the earth. Such a constellation was he to me.

― Madeline Miller, Circe 

ARSONIST'S LULLABY, 𝖆𝖗𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖘𝖙'𝖘 𝖑𝖚𝖑𝖑𝖆𝖇𝖞

𝕸organa Fawley was born from death, a bloodied child ripped from the lifeless corpse of Pandora Fawley as the sun dipped below the horizon. Her grandmother often told her the midwife had spotted a magpie perched on the windowsill as the doctor sliced open the still body of her daughter in-law, making sure Morgana knew she was cursed. Lavinia made sure she raised her ward to be as prim and proper as could be, yet the girl was as troubled as anyone with a dead mother and absent father could be.

Morgana grew to resent Jasper, who had run away with one of his whores many years ago, his gifts and money not enough to replace the emptiness she had grown up with. It settled in her stomach, the bitterness and resentment growing, souring a once sweet child. She's falling through the currents of icy water, limbs turning blue, always on the edge of death. It's a perpetual cycle, walking a fine line between the realms of the living and dead.

Regulus Black was nothing but a mere shadow, a tiny stain in the fabric of time. Regulus is nothing compared to his brother, yet he enjoys the shadows. Enjoys the lack of attention, the peace and quiet, as opposed to the boisterious misdoings of his spirited elder brother. Regulus Black is fine with everything silent, just him, his two friends, and Quidditch. Regulus is perfectly fine being the silent heartbreaker, an ocean of destruction that washes over everything he touches.