Chapter 2

Akko POV...

My stay with the Cavendish was extended.

Diana, as I had to learn to call her, kept me by her side all the time, whether she were working, eating, walking, reading, just about anything, I was to stay by her, even sharing a bed when sleeping.

I've had so many chances on killing her with all that time of being so close to her. But even then there was always someone who'd get in the way. When we slept, that was the only time I was alone with Diana, she was vulnerable thinking I was under her control, but I never expected her to be such a hugger.

As expected of a vampire, her strength was incredible. Trying to get out of her hold was next to impossible.

Surprisingly though, she pampered me a lot. She bought me cute and fancy dresses, constantly brushed my hair, actually fed me good normal human food, gave me so many sweets, and got me whatever I wished for. There were training grounds which she took me to release my energy. It was used only by the guards of the Cavendish estate, but considering I was Diana's pet, I had free access to it, I may or may not have disposed of some of those guards.

Diana would nothing, and only side with me when I was being scolded for killing their recruits. Though when we were alone she had politely asked for me to refrain from doing such things, something about how hard it was to get any more help willing to protect the few members of the Cavendish.

I could care less of what would happen to them, my wish was for all vampires to just die off. But something about Diana, made me want to just comply with her request.

*-*

"A play date?" I questioned as Diana brushed my hair.

She hummed before answering, "Yes, more or less. In human age, you are considered a child, right?" she asked. "...I'm twenty, so I'm an adult." I responded. "But you were 14 when you were given to me." she said.

And then it dawned me, I was trapped here for six years.

"Then again, humans do age faster than vampires, don't they." Diana realized. "So maybe it wouldn't be appropriate to call it a play date... more like a get together then?" she questioned. "Are they also humans, like me?" I asked. "Yes. But not many come from such a well known family as yours." Diana proudly said as she caressed my cheek.

*-*

"Amanda!" I exclaimed, recognising the bicolor hair of coral and salmon. She had a collar and was following another woman with auburn colored hair.

She turned, I grinned at the sight of a familiar face. "Akko." she said, a grin forming on her own face. She pulled against the collar but was yanked back by the woman that held her.

"Bad girl." the woman huffed.

"You know her Akko?" Diana asked, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, she was the daughter of the head chef in our family."

Me and Amanda were childhood friends, she was taken away at a young age, four years before I did. It seems she ended up in the same predicament I was in, though surely she was worse off being with the England clan.

Everyone thought her dead once one of the most ruthless clans took her away. The Englands were known for their resentment towards humans, so much so they punished them with immortality. According to one of my old teachers, the Englands, as revenge to those who wronged them, would kill off a whole family and keep one member alive to then grant them immortality and live as a servant.

Diana removed her hand from my shoulder, "I see," Diana mumbled. "For a moment there, I thought she might have attacked you." Diana said. "Amanda wouldn't, I have her well trained." the woman spoke with a proud smile. Amanda had rolled her eyes at that which earned another pull from her leash.