The Similarities Between Ash Ketchum and Lysandre, + My Theories

DISCLAIMER:
This piece of work is a written and visual presentation of my own theories and ideas. If you have negative comments in mind, I'd prefer that you keep them to yourself. Please remember that I am only one person, with a rather wild imagination, so some of the things you read may make absolutely no sense, much alike most of my stories.

That being said, please do not claim these ideas as your own. They are mine and I must be credited. Enjoy :).

If you've read my stories, you might know I have a liking for throwing Ash and Lysandre into a plot where their fate depends on the other. For a while, since I started watching the anime, I have been indulged into Ash Ketchum's character and, due to my strange curiosity, take it upon myself to manifest explanations as to the way he acts, or some of his quirks such as never seeming to die permanently. Here, I'll be looking at how he is similar to Lysandre, the Leader of Team Flare.

If you'd like me to go into any theories in detail, let me know and I'll post my reasoning behind it!

This may only make sense to you if you have watched or have some idea of the Pokemon Series: XYZ. 

Physical Appearances

Now, I know this is a stretch. Call it a coincidence, but I can't bring myself to ignore these details which my brain somehow managed to link together. I tried to summarize my ideas of this sector in this picture:

To explain what I am trying to show, Ash and Lysandre both wear colored jackets which are lined, and a shirt underneath, right? Ash's jacket is blue with a white line

To explain what I am trying to show, Ash and Lysandre both wear colored jackets which are lined, and a shirt underneath, right? Ash's jacket is blue with a white line. Lysandre's jacket is black with an orange line. I know this sounds insane, but if you look at either one of their jackets, swap the colors of the lines, then invert the colors, you will get the exact same design as the jacket of the other person. (orange inverts blue, black inverts white)

I am not going to comment on the fact that they both wear finger-less black gloves, as it is common for Trainers to wear these, and others such as Alain have been seen wearing them.

Ash and Lysandre both have an extra accessory that they like to wear. Ash wears a red and white hat, and Lysandre wears a green and black ring. Again, invert the colors, and you have the colors of the other person's accessory. (red inverts green)

(They also both have spiky hair that goes up)

If there are designs like this associated with other trainers in the relevant series or game, then this point loses a lot of credibility, but I felt I should point it out.

This is likely just a coincidence and my fried brain taking things out of proportion, but the similar design indicates to me somehow that they are, in a way, somewhat of the same person, which brings me to my next point.

Personalities

I know how absurd this sounds. On the outside, Ash and Lysandre are two completely different mindsets, motives, and responses. Ash is a selfless optimist, and Lysandre is a selfish pessimist. It's hard to compare the minds of people who are against each other.