Chapter 22- Carols

Happy holidays everyone!! I hope you all enjoy this special Christmas chapter! I'm going to be taking a break from posting new chapters until after the new year, so I can spend more time with my family. So I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year!! 🎄❤️😄

~Emma

I smile down at the invitation in my hands. Tonight was Christmas Eve, and mom and dad said it was a great idea to invite Mr. Miller to dinner tonight. When I arrive at the door, I raise my hand to the knocker and pause.

"(Yn)? What's wrong?" Kitti asks me.

"What if he says no? I really want to make this up to him." I sigh.

"The important thing is that you tried. You put forth the effort to make up your mistake."

I nod and knock on the door. I wait for a moment and hear no response. I knock again. The door then flies open and Mr. Miller is standing there. "What?"

"H-hi. I was w-wondering if you'd like to come to dinner with my family tonight?" I nervously ask, handing him the card.

Mr. Miller takes it, looks at it, and then back up at me. "Why are you inviting me to dinner?"

"It's Christmas. Nobody should be alone."

I can't read his expression. I nervously bite my lip.
"Fine." He states, and closes the door.

"He said yes, Kitti, he said yes!!" I happily exclaim. I run back up to the apartment and tell my mom the news. She smiles. "I'll be sure to set an extra place at the table tonight." She says.

I go to my room and open up my closet. I pull out two wrapped presents and smile down at them. One is wrapped in white paper covered in sliver trees with a golden ribbon, and the other has candy canes scattered across a red background. I open up my window and look around at my surroundings, just to be sure nobody's looking my way. The coast is clear as everyone is preoccupied with their own bags of presents, or their phones.

"You ready Kitti?" I ask.

"No."

"Great! Kitti, whiskers on!" I say, sucking the Kwami into my chocker. I leap out of my window and check my messages. I see one new one from Bandit.

Hey, can you two meet me at the address I linked below? I need to show you something.

I text back a reply saying "yes"

I the secure the packages under my belt, and head off into the wintery city. I hum a Christmas tune to myself as snowflakes land on my rosy cheeks and my eyelashes.

When I reach the meeting stop I land in front of an old looking garage. It's door has several dents, and even a couple of bullet holes in it, and Newman is spray painted on the metal door. I knock on the wooden door off to the side. "Bandit? It's me, Alley Cat." I call.

I few moments later the door opens and bandit is there, a pair of goggles sitting lopsided on his head. "Hey." He says.

I step into the garage to see several tables full of tools and random pieces of metal junk scattered around. "Why'd you call me?" I ask, turning to face him.

"I wanted to show you this." He says, leading me over to one of the tables. He shows me the rocket pack that we took Space Raider, and then points to a picture of Crimson Sky. "See anything?" He asks.

"No..?"

Bandit grabs a red sharpie, and circles something on the picture of Crimson Sky. Her slime gun. "Look at this part on her gun. It's the exact same piece that's on Space Raiders rocket booster. And remember how I said that I've never seen parts like those before? I think that they invented them."