06 | our little secret (finale)

»»

"okay, you're all going to start rehearsal now!"

the eight boys began dancing on the stage for rehearsal. everything was just going well for all of them. except for seonghwa. he's been losing focus because he'd always glance at wooyoung. a minute ago, he saw wooyoung's foot was about to slip on the floor while dancing. seonghwa too thought the floor was a bit slippery that particular day and now he's worried if something bad happens. he's worried about wooyoung.

but after seeing how wooyoung was being professional about it, it eased seonghwa's mind a little but the thought of a possible incident didn't leave his mind. he just had a bad feeling.

because it's always true.

"oof-!"

a yelp of pain came from none other than wooyoung who's now on the floor. everybody else stopped dancing then as they were surprised while seonghwa rushed to his side. "wooyoung, are you alright?" he watched wooyoung held his hands on his right ankle with a groan. by then, the other six members started to gather around the boy in pain.

"where does it hurt? is it here?" seonghwa pressed his hand on where he guessed wooyoung was hurting.

"ow ow ow ow!" and he was right.

seonghwa looked up to tell the rest, "i guess he sprained his ankle." he looked at hongjoong who had a worried expression on when he nodded.

"wait here, i'll ask the staff to see if we can take a break." hongjoong said and left. seonghwa then immediately aid wooyoung's ankle by taking off his shoe and his sock. meanwhile, the rest of the members took this chance to catch a breath and rest.

hongjoong came back then and told them they were allowed to take a break until wooyoung was fine to get back on his feet again. "you two should go to the waiting room at the back. we'll wait for you here." hongjoong said told seonghwa and wooyoung. seonghwa nodded and helped wooyoung to get stand back up.

"can you stand up?" seonghwa held both of wooyoung's arms and watched the younger stand on both feet. he received a low cry of pain in return. so he slung wooyoung's arm on his shoulder and walked towards the changing room with the shoe and sock in his other hand.

it was quiet after they arrived in the room. too quiet for wooyoung's liking considering it's just the two of them there. wooyoung watched seonghwa massage his ankle carefully. the air between them was still awkward. it became thicker that you could slice it like butter. "you still wear these shoes?" seonghwa said, breaking the silence. wooyoung gazed at his old shoes for a second. "i remember you saying the sole is getting worn out and it's a little dangerous for you to pick this one for our rehearsal, wooyoung-ah."

ah, he's always the one to care about small things. such a mom. "we were in a hurry and i was only able to grab this one. but i don't think the shoes are at fault, though," wooyoung explained shortly. they all were almost late that morning, true.

"i guess you're right. i too thought the floor is slippery today." seonghwa nodded. and then silence again but only for a minute until seonghwa spoke again, "try moving your foot." wooyoung did as he was told and twisted his foot gently. he felt no pain anymore.

"i feel fine now," he said with a nod.

"do you think you can continue dancing? if not then i can tell hongjoong." seonghwa looked for wooyoung's eyes that's hidden behind his hair and found them then.

wooyoung stared back at seonghwa and saw concern in his eyes. he nodded slowly and averted his gaze, fearing he would get lost in those eyes. "yes, i think i can. thanks."