Chapter Twelve -

Audrey's POV: 

"Well hello, gorgeous," the bartender said as I plonked down onto one of the empty stools. I looked up, pushing my hair back as I did so.

 "Hi," I smiled, politely.

"You alright? Got any friends with you?"

I jutted out my bottom lip, not really bothered that I was alone, in a bar on a Saturday night. I shook my head ruefully.

"And what's such a pretty girl doing all alone?" he asked, leaning on his forearms in front of me, flashing a teethy smile. It was that moment when I actually realized how good looking he was. Tall, broad shoulders, dirty blonde coloured hair, blue eyes. Perfect. 

I shrugged. "I don't know. You tell me."

He chuckled at my response."I can't even fathom the idea of it." I grinned as the words escaped his mouth. "Ooh, charmer, I see?" 

"You know it," he winked. "Now, what can I get you?"

"Just a beer, I guess."

"Coming right up," he smiled, walking over to one of the tall­built fridges behind him, pulling out what I requested. He quickly popped the cap on it, sliding the tingy bottle in my direction.

"You're not gonna ask me for I.D. or anything?" I asked, raising my eyebrows in confusion. 

He shook his head. "Nah. I just hope I can trust that you're not breaking any rules."

 "I'm not," I stated casually. "Not yet anyways."

He looked down, biting his bottom lip as I spoke. "And what or who are you referring to when you say that?"

I grinned, causing him to, too. "I guess time will tell."

I nodded in acknowledgement ­ meaning thank you ­ as I picked up the bottle in front of me, pulling the top of the bottle to my lips, gulping back a long sip. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I knew I was flirting, but isn't that what girls are supposed to do when they meet sexy bartenders?

"Bad day?" he asked. 

"Bad week," I corrected him, tapping my index finger against the side of the bottle.

"Wanna talk about?"

I shook my head, but smiled. "I don't want to burden you will my stupid problems."

"Well," he began, flinging a small, white towel to hang over his right shoulder. He shot me a sly wink. "I'm always here to chat."

"Thanks," I replied, not thinking too much of his offer as I took another sip of my beer, letting the bitter liquid moisten up my dry throat.

Suddenly a thought struck in my mind, and I immediately felt guilty about it. I hadn't informed my mum that I was leaving the house. Literally, I got off my bed after my phone call with Gemma, put on shoes, walked out of the house and got in my car. Now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't have drove here. That probably wasn't the most educated idea I've had.

This was going to be a long night. 

Happy"s POV: 

"You did what now?" Gemma asked me, her tone full of disbelief.

"We kissed," I repeated, my previous confidence completely vanishing there and then. 

Suddenly she broke out into short fits of laughter, slouching back into the couch again, clutching onto her stomach. I furrowed my eyebrows at her reaction and turned to face her.