Chapter One: Moving Into Gravity Falls

Hazel's POV:

As our Mover's truck pulled in front of the house, I was writing in my journal. "Come on Hazel, look at the house! Isn't is amazing?" My mom asked. "Yeah, sure." I said not looking up. "Honey, I know you hate moving this much but we have to do it. You just have to enjoy the town while we're here!" My dad said. My family never stays in the same house after a couple of months. My parent's jobs keep us moving place to place. I'll be surprised if this place will last us the rest of the summer. I put my journal into my book-bag, and got out of the car. "I'll enjoy it more if we stayed in a place longer than a few months!" I said angrily. I hate moving! It's hard enough getting friends since I'm considered 'weird' but every time I get one, I have to say good-bye to them as soon as I get them! "Come on Hazel, lighten up." My dad said. I crossed my arms. "Let just unpack already." I said getting some boxes out. "How about you grab your bike and head into town! I hear there is a place called The Mystery Shack! It has that stuff you like. You should check it out." My mom said handing me some money. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah, you go on. Your father and I got this." My mom told me. "Thank you!" I said grabbing my bike, my bag, and my money. I put on my helmet and ride out of the woods. We bought a house that was placed in the middle of the woods. My mom said it was, "Perfect place for a perfect view." because she loves the look of forests. I ride into town. There's a bunch of places to visit! Arcades, the pool, the tent of telepathy (whatever that was), but I wanted to see The Mystery Shack! I love mysteries, and adventures! If there is anything about ghosts, goblins, zombies, vampires, werewolves, elves or anything like that count me in! I ride up and see a poster on a wall that said: "The Mystery Shack! Welcome To A World Of Mystery! No Refunds." And it also had the address. I smiled and rode off to the Mystery Shack!

The Mystery Shack was placed in the woods. I was near the shack until I heard something in the distance. I got out my video camera and got off of my bike. I always have a camera with me just in case something awesome or mysterious happens. And hearing something in the woods is definitely a time to bust out my camera! I face it towards the direction of the sounds. I pushed away a bush to reveal tiny men wearing red pointy hats. Gnomes! They weren't paying attention to me, and they we feet away. I hit record on my camera. "This is Hazel, and you are watching Mystery Unsolved! As you can see, there are Gnomes right over there and I got video proof of it!" I whispered to the camera. I was about to take a step closer and when I did, I stepped on a stick and it made a loud CRACK! The gnomes scurried away. "Aw man! Eh, anyway I got my proof. Gnomes: Mystery or Real? Real! See ya next time on, Mystery Unsolved!" I said to the camera pointing it to me. I stopped recording and saved it. I make videos of me finding and proving that mysterious creatures exist and I post them on the internet. I got back on my bike smiling. "I can't believe I just caught gnomes on camera!" I said to myself. I rode to the mystery shack and saw tourists everywhere. I parked and locked my bike. I walked inside to see a bunch of merchandise, and gimmicky statues. Is this it?

Dipper's POV:

I saw a girl my age walk in. She had long Hazelnut brown hair and had a green hoodie, and green cargo shorts on. She had braces, freckles, and a tan beanie with a Llama symbol on it, and she was wearing a pink backpack. Mabel walked up to me. "Bro, why are you staring at that girl?" Mabel asked. I didn't know I was staring. Mabel gasped. "You have a crush on her!" Mabel said excitedly. "No I don't!" I yelled back at my twin sister. "I'm totally going to tell her!" Mabel said starting to walk over to the girl. "Mabel don't!" I warned my sister. "Aw! Why not?" Mabel asked. "Cause I DON'T have a crush on her! The only reason I stared was because I didn't recognize her before." I told Mabel. Mabel shrugged. "Fine. But I don't remember seeing her around either. Do you think she's new?" Mabel asked. "Don't know." I told her. Then, the girl came near to me and Mabel looking at the merchandise. "Man, this stinks. I thought this place would be awesome. I should've known. At least I got this video." The girl mumbled to herself. "What video?" My sister asked startling the girl. "Whoa! Eavesdrops much?" The girl laughed. "Oops! Sorry!" Mabel laughed with the girl. "My name's Mabel! This is my twin brother Dipper!" Mabel told the girl. "Nice to meet you. My name is Hazel." The girl told us.

Hazel's POV:

Wow, I can't believe I already met someone this quickly! That never happens! "So what video were you talking about?" Dipper asked. "Trust me. You wouldn't believe me. No one ever believes me." The girl said. "Come on! PLEASE!" Mabel pleaded. "Yeah, don't you have the video to prove it?" Dipper asked me. "Yeah, I guess I do. So, when I was riding my bike over here I heard some noises behind bushes and stuff, and I saw gnomes! Actual gnomes! How cool is that?" I told Dipper and Mabel. "You caught them on video?! Really?!" Dipper asked amazed. I nodded. "Let us see!" Mabel said. "Wow! I never met anyone interested in this stuff like I am before." I said. "Well, we love this stuff! Especially me!" Dipper said smiling. I smiled too. I got out my camera and showed them the video. This is the first time I will be seeing it as well. At first you could only see leaves and stuff but then, the tiny men came into view. "This is Hazel, and you are watching Mystery Unsolved! As you can see, there are Gnomes right over there and I got video proof of it!" You could hear me say in the recording. Then you heard a crack from me stepping on the stick and the gnomes scurried away in the video. The camera then was pointed at me and you could see me. "Aw man! Eh, anyway I got my proof. Gnomes: Mystery or Real? Real! See ya next time on, Mystery Unsolved!" Video me said and the recording stopped. "Whoa! Awesome!" Mabel said. "What's Mystery Unsolved?" Dipper asked. "Oh, it's me making videos proving things exist like gnomes, ghost, fairies and stuff like that. I post them online and everything." I told them. "You catch these things on tape all the time?!" Dipper asked amazed. "Yeah, but people don't believe it's real though." I sighed. "Don't worry Hazel! We believe you!" Mabel said. "Really?" I asked shocked. "Yeah, there's all kinds of weird stuff in Gravity Falls!" Dipper said. "Hey Hazel! You wanna play Spin The Pig?" Mabel asked me. "Sure! Sounds fun! Come on Dipper!" I said following Mabel.

Author's Note: Hope you all enjoyed! This is my first Gravity Falls Fanfic so criticism is appreciated! Hope you all enjoyed and I'll see ya all later! BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do NOT own Gravity Falls!