Chapter 10

"He's gonna make us jump from there?" Heather asked, looking around her bag for her swim suit. I shrugged, not looking at her as I pulled out my swim suit. "He'd make us do stupid shit, if that's what you asking," Gwen said. I smirked, placing my swim suit on my bed and turning to face her. "Why?" I asked, pushing my limit. "You afraid of falling off?" Heather glared at me, before grabbing her suit and walking off. I smirk as she left before grabbing mine and walking out of the cabin and towards the communal bathrooms. I grabbed a stall, locking it and removing my clothes and putting on my suit. It consisted of a lime green and teal crop top that wrapped around my stomach, and black and Lime green shorts. The cover up was almost like a dress, but with a cut through the entire middle from the collar to the bottom of the short dress. I actually made it myself, since I'm not one to wear a lot of dresses.

The entire cover up had an octopus pattern on it in black and white, matching the pattern on my swim suit top. I threw it over my shoulders before grabbing my sneakers and putting them on, leaving the laces untied. I left the bathroom and headed back to the cabin, putting my clothes in the dresser and waiting for the others. They came back not too long after, wearing their swimsuits. I smirked and started out for the trail, watching as everyone started for the cliff in the distance. It was a sheer drop. There was no slope, except for the underside, where it pulled back below the top of the cliff. Looking through the trees, I could see small hoops in the water, probably where we have to aim for.

Others were already on the trail to the cliff, and I wondered if Chris was already there waiting for everyone. Almost everyone walked in pairs or groups, talking amongst themselves. I had let everyone else pass me, so there were no other girls behind me. Only the rest of the guys who were mostly just screwing around behind me. I groaned and shook my head before turning back around and walking forward, one foot in front of the other. The trail up was probably only a two mile walk, but climbing the cliff was not something I was looking forward to. I had my head down while walking, watching my feet and the ground as I passed by it, until I looked up to see a familiar green haired guy ahead of me. I smirked before skipping and tapping him on the shoulder before returning my hands behind my back and slowing my pace to walk with him.

"Hey Duncan," I said, watching ahead of us. He turned his attention towards me before groaning and looking forward again. "What do you want?" he asked, annoyance lacing his voice. I furrowed my brows before my lips turned down in a scowl before smiling again. I shook my head before chuckling. "Nothing," I said, simply. "Just wanted to know what you meant back at the hall." He was silent for a minute before he turned his head to face me, a barely visible smirk on his lips. He slowed down his pace, and I matched his speed. The guys behind us passed, paying no attention to us as they continued their horrible jokes and burping contest. Me and Duncan were now the last people to be behind everyone else. It was quiet between us, somewhat wkward before he spoke up.

"Exactly what I meant when I said it," he said, smirking and looking ahead again. I groaned rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest. "That doesn't make any fucking sense," I said, mumbling a little. He chuckled and shook his head, enjoying my annoyed reaction to his words. I looked back up at him, rolling my eyes. "'You're a baddie', means what exactly?" I asked, using air quotes. Now it was his turn to be annoyed, as he rolled his eyes. "You remember kindergarten, right?" he asked, handing me a side glance. I nodded, before recalling every single time he tried to escape. From using shovels and spoons and fireworks, literally anything he could get his hands on. "How did you even get fireworks and explosives?" I asked, giggling a little as the stories of the past helped us lighten up a little. He chuckled and shook his head, smiling a little. Something that looked somewhat nice on him, yet something I also wasn't used to.

"That's a secret for me and me only," he said. I scoffed and shook my head, smiling as we climbed the trail up the cliff, the group of guys still visible ahead of us. "Anyway, everyone had their own persona. Harold was always the wimp, Gwen was the psychotic creepy girl, Izzy was the crazy weirdo, Noah was the one always getting injured in some way, Owen was the one always eating things-" I cut him off, continuing to answer his statement. "LaShawna was the drama queen, Beth was the weird girl obsessed with bees. Jude was the chill skater, you were the chaotic, 'freedom for me' guy, and Courtney was the person always suggesting to be safe." He nodded, smirking, causing me to laugh a little. "And you were the chill person who went along with anything," he said, looking at me. I nodded, humming in agreement. "Yup.."

He chuckled before facing me, continuing our walk forward. "I can't remember a time where you didn't try to help me, believe it or not," he said. I nodded. Every time he did something stupid and chaotic, I would step up to the plate, because it seemed fun, and likely to get us in trouble. I smiled before facing him as well. "Remember that time me, you, Gwen and Jude just decided to mess with the teacher, throwing multiple packs of firecrackers into hos desk, amd locking him in? Who- who was it? Who was the teacher...?" I tried to think of who it was before Duncan stopped completely, cringing to himself. "What?" I asked, disgust on his face as I stared at him. "Who was the guy at the Mess Hall?" he asked. I cocked my head to the side before my eyes opened wide, and I cringed as well. "Oh, god no," I said, remember the name. We both said hos ne, both of us equally disgusted. "Chef was our teacher..."