Complete story

The Sleepover Slasher

"Alright boys, time for bed." The pretty teen said to the two boys sitting on the knock-off Armenian rug in front of the television as the credits began rolling down.

"Aw, c'mon Lanie. We still haven't watched Blood Sucking Freaks yet." Lloyd said.

As soon as Lloyd discovered his parents were going out for the night he knew the night would be epic, especially when Dad said Lanie would be babysitting.

Usually Lloyd would have put up holy hell to discover he was stuck with a babysitter. He didn't need a babysitter for Pete's sake. He was 14 years old, that was old enough to get married in some cultures. He wasn't some little kid. But then Dad said he had asked Mr Luna's daughter to come over and keep an eye on him Lloyd's belligerence disappeared.

The Luna family had moved down the street a couple of years ago, Dad actually sold them the spacious three bedroom house on Rainey Street much to the gratitude of all the neighbourhood boys.

The family would have been just the usual WASPISH clan that usually moved in to Hudson if not for Lanie. The girl was unusually cute in that scrubbed way teen girls are. She carried a freshness and easy smile that hormonally addled teen boys lapped up. She was a hit at the local high school when she arrived in her senior year, not because she was easy (she wasn't) but because she was the type of girl all boys wanted for a girlfriend. She could talk sports, loved horror films and could perform all the skits of Monty Python (her version of the cheese shop sketch was sublime).

The first time Lloyd had seen Lanie she was skipping rope in her front garden wearing a Swindon Town soccer shirt and Day-Glo spandex pants, he was only 11 at the time and looking forward to going to Hudson High next year.

When he first laid eyes on her he was instantly smitten, not by her beauty but by what she was wearing. Lloyd loved Swindon Town and couldn't believe someone else knew who they were, let alone was wearing their colours.

He must have been staring for a while because she stopped jumping and called out in a snarky voice, "Why don't you take a picture, it'll last longer?"

Good idea, Lloyd thought as he reached for his iPhone and captured her image. You could have knocked the boy over with a feather when this strange girl began laughing and beckoned Lloyd over.

This was the beginning of a friendship that would last for two years until Lanie went away to University to study Advanced Survival Skills.

Lloyd was a rather pathetic boy, weedy and nasally. This would have been social suicide, especially in an elitist establishment like Hudson High but Lanie took him under her wing. Lloyd became cool by association at school and this continued even after Lanie graduated.

So when his Dad said Lanie was back in Hudson for a break and had volunteered to babysit him, Lloyd was ecstatic. This jubilance was what ruined his good time.

That day Lloyd's friend, Henry asked if he wanted to the cinema to see the new Sean Cunningham horror film on the big screen. Lloyd then made his fatal error. He told Henry he couldn't because his parents were away for the weekend and Lanie was coming over to watch him.

Henry's face lit up, Lanie was back in town. She had been a masturbatory fantasy of his ever since year 7 and if anything his obsession grew over the years. Now, she was back.

Henry was the type of kid that had a face just longing to be punched. He was a pudgy little turd who delighted in annoying people. From his smarmy grin to the effeminate way strutted around the school there were few people who actually liked Henry. One person who did, however, was Lloyd.