Hardly Exist

JULES' POV

A cigarette was lit. The smoke surrounded this small dark room. I can feel the pain in his eyes. I want to stop but they kept on pushing me. They gave me a paddle and the other lifted his fist and gave me a blow. They are overflowing of rage. I smacked him, kicked him and pushed. I want to stop but I am also forced. When he is already dreadfully weak, barely able to move, I was at last told to stop. Those guys took the paddle away and gave a tap on my back. The person who was sitting took another stick of cigarette. He looked at me with those evil eyes and said “Good job.”

With the tranquility this place offered me, I kneel. Chapel is the place that I can run to. Tears kept on falling from my eyes remembering the incident. I hated it. I do not want to do it again. I want to quit. To surrender is not humiliation but may mean peace yet, doing so will bestow me certain death. I closed my eyes and forced myself to utter a prayer but I can only cry. Even if God can forgive, I’m too ashamed of myself. What have I done? Why did I enter a fraternity?

I wiped my tears and stand and leave. Heavy is this body. I am carrying a heavy burden at my back.

While I was walking out of the chapel, I can hear another footsteps sounding after mine. I lifted my face and seen an unfamiliar soul. She glared her eyes on me. Her eyes are as brown as her long hair. I do not know who she is but I am of gratitude oh her easing my burden in some way I do not understand. She continued walking.

I want to know her name.

RIA'S POV

Hiding, I want to hide. Hiding is the only act that I can execute. My parents know nothing about what I've been and is going through that they kept on forcing me to go to school. I asked them to let me transfer and I chose a private, Catholic institution with assumptions that I am secure. Student's there seems classy but alongside their geek-like features, their eyes tells a story of remorse.

On the second day of school, exhaustion hit me and so I skipped classes.

I went to its chapel nearby to familiarize my self to the place. I saw another student coming towards me. He looked at me. In the every corner of his face, I looked. He is fine-looking. I wonder why he looked so down but I want to remember his appearance. Who knows, the reason why I am hiding was he? He can be the enemy.

I am of no urge to attend classes so I escaped. I was able to find a way out of the school. I am good at escaping, like bolt, like shadows. Our founder taught me tricks for sometime. He likes me and because of it, a lot is after me. Danger accompanies my existence.

This is the hardest part living in the world of crimes, being threatened.

I waited for a cab. To my home is where I am heading. I still can not find any boldness to face a new society, another world of strangers.