The Interview

Hello everyone, I'm Jangmi from Radio Star and today I have some very special guests with me. We get to be the first to ask Kye Minkyu and a few of his staff members questions about the new company, KMK. I know everyone has been waiting for this interview, so lets get right into it.

Kye Minkyu, why did you decide to make your own company? Is it because you think you'll do better than everyone else?

In a way, yes. I've worked with a lot of companies as a producer, and I've been able to somewhat experience how a lot of these companies work. I felt like none of them had quite the vision that I have. As a producer you're not allowed to speak up when you see that staff can be more productive, they don't like you telling them how to do things better, even when you only have the best intentions in mind. This is one of the reasons I started KMK Entertainment, so that I could do things the way I see them fit. Now I don't think I'm better than everyone else, I don't have the experience other people have, but I believe that my methods will be different from most companies, and that will be the thing of which I believe will make this company stand out and do well.

What methods are you talking about?

Most companies go out and look for talent, and then try to improve that talent as much as possible. This creates two problems. One, this puts a lot of stress onto trainees to perform well at auditions, and to show improvement while under a company. Two, everyone who doesn't get picked will be seen as not good enough, while they may be able to reach a bigger height with the right training. I want my company to be a place where trainees can bring out their true potential, where we look at what they're good at, what they're not good at, and try to find a good balance to bring out as much as possible. I don't want to be the judge, I want to be the teacher.

We haven't seen these methods in Kpop before, do you think they will work?

Do you think I would build an entire company, teaching those exact methods, if I didn't think it would work? I have tested my methods enough to know that it will work. I take the Kpop industry very seriously and want to help improve it, and this is how I think I can do that best.

 I take the Kpop industry very seriously and want to help improve it, and this is how I think I can do that best