I Believe

01/24/2018

I believe in the value of understanding the world from the outside in, and centering the perceptions of many in a way that is respected and valued while possessing a strong backbone.

I believe that people are flock animals and that we behave, react, and think the same way as others if we allow ourselves to, regardless of the context.

I believe understanding the motives of others is not through what they say but what they do, and that people's characters are most revealing when they think no one is watching.

I believe that every day is a new chance to start over – that every cup of coffee is the best way to become inspired, and that a clear mind with plenty in the archive is the perfect opportunity to begin a new chapter and to take advantage of new opportunities.

I believe that a blank page to a journal entry with a date is to understand oneself exactly the way they are in that moment, the method to reinventing oneself in the future and that each page can ignite new discoveries.

I believe in the power that a blank piece of paper and a pencil contain. That with those two tools, I can go anywhere, influence anyone, become anyone, and adopt any written rule or virtue that could be interpreted through written and spoken word. These elements are what guide my leading principal at each given second: to lead, influence, and transform the young minds in a way that will lead them further along the journey of becoming the people they desire to resemble by teaching them the love of reading and writing.

I believe that the simple method of painting to an artist is to simply paint what one sees in their own eyes, to create their own strokes, their own unique hues that match the exact perception of one's soul in that exact moment. I believe that writing dictates the same principle – where just as any other form of art, it is allowing others to see through your own lenses, and reading is nothing short of being on the other side of the perspective, looking from the outside in.