After 2 Days.

Aarti came home at 4:30, it's been two days since that day passed and now her whole mind is in turmoil! Is it okay for me to reciprocate his love? What if papa don't agree for our marriage? But he said he is going to police training and come back in 6months.. that means he have a job now! Papa won't be having any reason to decline his proposal.

          Her chain of thoughts broke when she saw her sister standing infront of her father guiltily with tears in her eyes and there is one of her creepy neighbour uncle whose name is Bose is sitting beside her father. She saw her mother standing near the kitchen door with tears in her eyes.

        She raised her eyebrows in a questioning way. "So, you have graced your presence finally." She heard her father's words and turned towards him.

      She gulped and walked towards her where her father is standing. "You gave money to your sister?" Gulping she nodded her head in yes. *SLAP* she can feel the burning sensation of her father's rough fingers on her cheeks. Tears are threating to come out.

           "You know how much I don't like it, yet you have done that thing and is now proudly nodding your head!" He said gritting his teeth. "Okay Raghunath.. Iam going." Bose said getting up from his chair and left the place. Aarti looked at her father's face with fear in her eyes. Janaki clutched the kitchen's door tightly with tension and tears streaming down her eyes.

            "The moment you said you want to study more, I knew there is something stopping you from getting married... It is him right? That NEIL?" He said making Aarti look at him with wide eyes and shook with fear as she saw the resentment in her father's eyes for the man she loves.

            "Tell me, Tell me WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH THAT BASTARD?" Her father screamed making her flinch. "It's not... It-its not wha-what you.. what you think father. He is about to meet you to say-" "To say that I want Aarti... As my bride!" They heard the male voice which belongs to none other than Neil himself as he walked in with his parents.

         Aarti closed her eyes shut as she can imagine the war that is going to take place. "I love Aarti uncle, and I want to marr-" "YOU THINK I WILL GIVE MY DAUGHTER TO YOU! WHO IS NOTHING BUT A RUDE, IMPUDENT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY A MAN WITHOUT WORK-" "Well I have work now uncle, I am selected for police training." Neil cut Raghunath off.

      Madhuri looked worried while Venkat, Neil's father is bubbling in anger, he never knew Raghunath, the man who he thought as a best man and a good friend think this lowly about his son. The thought itself is making him more angry!

         "Well, for your good news, Now Aarti is engaged to my  friend's son." He said and Aarti's breath hitched in her throat as tears rolled down her eyes.

        She looked at Neil whose eyes are fierce. "Aarti, choose! Me... Or that man!" Neil said fuming in anger as Aarti stood rooted in her place.

           He looked at his lady love for straight two minutes as she didn't say anything and stood there. "Well! I got my answers... So Ms. Aarti Raghunath Varma! I misunderstood your feelings, advance happy married life. I may not attend since I won't be here anymore! All the best.. for your new life!" Neil spatted as he wiped those few tears which rolled down from his eyes.

     He strolled off and giving one last glare at them, Venkat too left with Madhuri. "You heard right? Now leave all that job etc etc! And atleast be a good wife to your husband! You have never been the good daughter! Atleast don't bring shame to me by messing up things with your husband!" Aarti couldn't process what is happening! "They will come tomorrow evening to look at you! After a week you will be engaged and in next month you will get married!" Her father's words hit her ears..

      What about her dreams? What about her dreams of becoming a lecturer in college? What about her dream of doing job? What about her exam... That she has to attend after a week? Is it the end? Just because she loved a man! They kept a final stop to her career too?

      She lost her Neil, and the hope to live on the same day! She lost her solace, mind and heart on the same day... She would have gone.. as Neil asked her to come with him! But she don't want her father to bend his head to the society and it's cruel words!

      She don't want her mother to become the talk of the neighborhood for not bring her up in as a good mother.. she doesn't want her sister to face the humiliation.

         "Now leave!" Her father said harshly and she slowly walked to her room. She sat on the bed and tried to process the things that are happening..

           "Di! Iam so.. so sorry di.. because of me pap-" "It's okay Radhika... It's my fate I guess." Aarti said smiling at her sister but a tear rolled down her eyes. Radhika hugged her sister.

         That night Aarti didn't even had dinner and her mother was very worried... Aarti slept in the morning around 5 as she cried her heart out upto then. Today is the day when Neil leaves the town... And he will only comes back after 6 months! And she is going to get married in one month. The thinking itself is making her cry more..

     Maybe if only he haven't exposed his heart to her, maybe she would have thought that it's her fate, and the love for him would have died slowly but now? It's torturous for her to think that he also had the same feelings for her, and he wants to marry her.

             Around 8 in the morning she was awoken by her mother who looked pale. She went to parlor that morning alone... His train to leave the city is at 10, and now it's 9:30. The parlor is nearer to the railway station. It merely takes 15 minutes.

           So after being done with her eyebrows. She got out and went to railway station, due to traffic it took her 20mins to reach him.

           Hurrying inside her stopped when she saw a pale Neil with his kother and father, waiting for the train. His mother is crying and his father had a sad look. He hugged his mother tightly and the redness in his eyes is enough to prove her that he too cried.. for her.

       A tear rolled down her face when she saw him wiping his tears. It must be hurting you as much as it's hurting me. She thought and covered her mouth trying to control the harsh cries.

         She peeked over the wall and saw the train... He took his luggage in his arms and all she want is a glimpse of him.. he is not turning and entered the train... The whole platform is full of chaos and people rushed from here to there... Suddenly Neil turned towards her and her eyes met with his...

        Tears uncontrollably falling from her eyes as he saw her inner soul with his calculative eyes.. a tear fell down from his eyes.. "I love you." She mouthed to him and he closed his eyes trying not to break off there... The train moved fast as Neil's heart break made it impossible for him to stand.. he can hear people scold and curse him for standing near the door but he could care less.. he stood there until he can no longer have her glimpse. He entered inside the compartment and sat in his place. He picked his phone and looked at the pictures he clicked without her knowledge. His hands stopped at one certain picture where she was in red colour saree. He took her this picture on last festival when he saw her in the temple..

        She was laughing at something her sister is saying... It is indeed a candid click.. her laughing face is so soothing to his heart. A tear drop fell on the screen... "I hope, you have a great life ahead." He thought as the train of his thoughts travelled with the same speed as the train he is travelling...

       On the other hand. Aart rushed out of the place even before the couple could look at her.

       She went back home and saw her mother preparing food. She showed her mother her eyebrows and after getting thumb up, she went to her room. Her sister went to class and her father went to shop.

      She is strictly forbade to go out but due to her mother's compulsion she went out today to beauty parlor. And she is gald she did.

           Soon, in the evening she found herself sitting on the couch of the living room, as she can feel the hot gaze of her to be husband.