please read ! ( my hero academia! )

! TRIAL CHAPTER !
———
Before we begin, this is just a trial chapter for a book I've had an urge to write. If this gets enough positive feedback, I may actually write this thing. But if not, I'll just turn it into a Haikyuu one shot, because I have been wanting to write something like this ! So please, if you enjoy'd this and would like more, leave a comment, or post on the message board, dm me even ! Now, please enjoy the following ! (the title is still being decided !)

p.s: This is a gender neutral reader !

———

" lettres d'amour | s. todoroki "
how do you expect the unexpected?

———

Many students can relate to staying up late to study for tests and upcoming assignments. 'Burning the midnight oil,' as some could say.

For Shoto Todoroki, he's never even had the thought of staying past his designated sleeping time, because he's never had anything to keep him awake at night. Sure, he would wonder about his mother, and why his father was such a prick, but that all changed when he met you.

If he were to be asked why he felt such strong feelings for you, he wouldn't be able to respond with a solid answer. All he could realize is that his heart would beat faster. So loud, so overbearing, until the point you were the only thing he could think about when his heart skipped beats. You were getting him in trouble too.

Keiji Todoroki wasn't pleased, to say the least, with his son's distracted behavior. 'It got in the way of becoming the best,' he would claim, and then give a harsh scolding to the boy. Not that Shoto wasn't already used to it, but he just couldn't get you off his mind.

At first, you could say it was sweet. Simple stares in class as you chatted with your friends. His lips would curve into a smile whenever Denki shared a funny joke, making you laugh, and his own cheeks would grow warm when watching you. He would also give you his lunch money whenever you forgot yours, which earned him a chance of seeing your dazzling smile.

But then, things began to progress into something... different.

This wholesome, puppy love, soon developed into an unhealthy obsession.

(Y/N) (L/N). The only thing that ran in his mind—you. It's only been a month, but you have been the only thing he's been able to think about, as said before.

However, you'd think it would just stop at the blushing for this boy.

Denki Kaminari was beginning to grow on the boy's nerves. The way he would make you laugh with one of his stupid jokes, or the way he'd put his arm around you in a platonic way even pissed him off. He once even broke his pencil that he was gripping it so hard.

He wanted to make you laugh like that, to make you happy like your friends made you. Denki, Sero, Mina—you even found joy in your chats with Tokoyami, one of the most antisocial individuals in class 1-A.

He knew your schedule, your route to and from school, your phone number, and even when you typically went to use the restroom. He knew the very brand of water that you drank the most each morning, and knew exactly what you eat on your sandwiches. Todoroki knows what brand of hair dye you use to touch up on your locks, and knows exactly where it is in the store you always go to as well.

How, you may ask?

Because he watches you.

Shoto isn't much of a talker, we've gained that much, correct? He's a watcher, an observer. He takes in what he sees and remembers them—that's what makes him a good student.

But as said, he's a watcher, not a talker, and he has no idea how to break the ice with you, face to face. So, what does he do?

He writes you letters.

Everyday is a new one. Whether it be in your bag, or your locker. Maybe sitting on your desk, and even sometimes peeking out from your school jacket's pocket.

At first you found the letters sweet and heartwarming. But of course, there's always a line that just has to be crossed. Too many details, and too many... strange... scenarios. You began to grow paranoid.

He wrote about how he thought how beautiful you looked while sleeping, like a preserved corpse in a custom made casket. How he bet your heartbeat matched the bass to the songs that you would play on the speakers when you bathed. Sometimes you'd even find articles of clothing of yours missing, and a letter coming the next day how cute red looks on you.

He even wrote how he would kill for you.

Wait, wait.. kill? You've had to misread that, right? There's no way that he would write that. Killing for someone you simply had a crush on.

You had no idea what to do except panic. And that's when you knew,

No one was safe, not even you.

———
Please remember to give feedback, thank you!

-m.c.