A Medieval Assassin's Diary

A Medieval Assassins Diary

My name is John of Whitehall, and I am an assassin...

To began I am a familyman and will do anything to protect and help out my family. That includes being the

assassin which I am. I will...take care of any "problem" that you have. For a price...

Chapter One

Rain poured as I walk down the streets of Whitehall. My bronze dagger in my hoods pocket. My crossbow at my hut but my sword from my dad is in my sheath. I arrive at the huge mansion of the subject im assingned to. I call them subjects. Paul, his name, is all I know. And that he's rich. Very rich. My amount to be payed... five hundred shillings.

I stare up to the second story of the priceless house looking for a ledge or ladder to climb to the masterbedroom. I run and jump up and snag onto a window ledge. The rain patters on my black hoodie hiding me as if im invisible. I make my way climbing windows untill i find the one im looking for. The man's bedroom. He isn't there yet. I swing out the window and hoist myself up and over into the lovely room. I swing the window shut and dry the water up. I find a spot to stake out. "I want the body of the man who's horses killed my one and only son!!!" I remember. I shall take him alive. I shut his door and position behind it. Classic. I wait...and wait. Finally I hear creaking and the door slowly opens. I make my move. My arm wraps around his neck and the dagger appears against his neck.

"Don't move or your head and body won't be together anymore..."

I whisper into his ear. He doesn't struggle. I wrap a rag against his mouth and tie his hands with some old rope I brought.

"Goodnight..."

I say and slam him in the temple with the butt of my dagger.

I throw the man with the burlap sack on his head toward my payer.

"I thought you might want a word with the man responsible for killing your son."

"How can I repay you? Do you know what this means to me?!?"

"It means that you owe me five hundred shillings right now..."

The man pulls out a tiny sack of coins and throws it at me.

"Thank you! Thank you!"

I turn and run from the building.

Chapter Two

I walk over to my tiny shack. To see my family I work for on these life threatening jobs. I pull the old wooden door open and walk in to the smell of roasted Mallard.

"Mmmmhmm!" I say walking over to my wife. She turns and I kiss her. She is the love of my life. Her name is Mary, and my son's name is David. I throw the moneybag on the table.

"Five hindred shillings!" I say and pull out a chair to sit on. Mary sits a plate of duck, green peas, and mashed potatoes on the table. The smell could knock a starving man clean out. I dig in like Max, the dog we had to sell so we didn'tgo bankrupt last spring. It was gone in a minute at the most. Not all times we get duck!!! I was lucky to get off Farmer Dan's land with the three of his best ducks alive. My crossbows not just for my "jobs."

After I finished the dishes I wash and get to bed. I tuck in my son and go to bed with my wife, I was just asleep when I hear a loud noise. SLAM!!!!! The window in the kitchen was slammed open and I heard boots on the ground. Whoever it was was running.

"Daddy!!!" David screams. I jump up and grab my dagger and throwing knifes. My front door was slung open and I try to see the kidnapper. It was him... It was Paul, the man I let live. And he had blood on his hands. He had escaped from the man who payed me. And killed him. He ran with David in a bag it was a long throw. I grabbed my best knife and threw. The knife went handle over blade straight into the back of his neck. "I shouldn't have let you live..."